Are True Religions, Timberlands, Air Force 1s and being Polo down played out in 2017

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
Im 17.

Now I got my first job so Im going to the archives with the Polo. Plotting on some 90s jackets and a bear knit.

Got all black Air Forces as my main shoe, Beef and broccolis from NY on ice for winter and might get some all black Timbs and some air max 97s.

I just adapt it to current fit so its not baggy. I dont follow fashions and Igo for a timeless look. Polo, White tees, Forces and Timbs are hood wardobe staples, make sure that it fits and the colours are simple.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Timbs not played out. Polo is played out unless you're rocking some of the exclusive shyt like ski jackets and Bear sweaters (i.e. nothing with the horse). Trues been played out.

Air Force 1's are a staple. Mainly the cocaine whites or special field forces

Nike-Special-Field-Air-Force-1-On-Feet-Photos.jpg

Daps
Trues were too gimmicky...and out-priced themselves IMO...:manny:

Agreed, Trues were too gimmicky to last. However I don't think they out priced themselves, just the opposite, they accelerated their downfall by getting their jeans in Macy's and TJ Maxx for cheaper. The expensive jeans market is alive and thriving, but people ain't gonna pay premium prices for jeans that others can get at value stores.

I get why True Religion did it: a volume play. Sell way more clothes, make way more money, but they cannibalize their base. They shoulda introduced an even pricier, understated line so they could address the gimmicky angle and keep their base buying their over priced jeans. Kinda like a "Purple Label" of Trues. Real missed opportunity there.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
Tuxedo bear is fire. :wow:

I did want some of the Stadium Series they just rereleased after all these years. Not paying resale though.

41.jpg

Was looking at the blue stadium pullover today.

shyts like double retail at its lowest:gucci:

Heard the snow beach is dropping in Jan/Feb but I prefer the stadium collection :mjcry:

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
If you on got at least 1 pair of uptowns in ya closet you might be a whiteboy
Polo falling off, they still made they mark tho, and there's always vintage polo. Trues fell all the way off
Timbs are classic

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Always was a Lo head but had to quit once people couldnt tell the difference between US Polo Assn.

I kept thinking RL would get some quality control and give them a cease and desist. Instead I cease and desisted their clothes. :camby:

Daps
:blessed: Best part about late 20's and 30's onward. Nobody give a fukk what you rocking.

That is kinda true. Man I paid so much for clothes in my twenty's I could have had a down payment for two houses. I regret spending so much money on bullshyt.

My young daughter is another story. She stay trying to buy her clothes used. I'm like you can't wear that shyt to school :childplease: but that what she wants.