Arizona cops are sued for REFUSING to return $40,000 in cash seized from black trucking boss who was traveling to buy a new Rig, UPDATE: GOT HIS MONEY

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
I personally would never travel with a large sum of money like that. I thought that's what cashier checks are for? But I don't have $40k liquid to travel with right now so I could be wrong. :mjgrin:
Once you get wise to forfeiture laws and how loose they are for authorities to just steal your shyt you start moving without cash. Just no sense to risk it. Was he buying the truck in cash? Who even needs 40k cash for anything these days.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Once you get wise to forfeiture laws and how loose they are for authorities to just steal your shyt you start moving without cash. Just no sense to risk it. Was he buying the truck in cash? Who even needs 40k cash for anything these days.

yeah, homie moved sloppy but fukk those pigs.

Sue em no doubt

YoungSimpson

RIP Strika
Daps
Reppin
GA
This is very common in the car game. Most people only accept cash. They will not accept checks of any kind and want no bank involvement to avoid taxes etc. I was recently looking at an old school and the guy wanted 40 cash. He was willing to negotiate the price but the cash only was non negotiable.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Something tells me he was suspect. A good lawyer would be able to get the money back especially if they couldn't tie him to anything.

Then again...he might just be an idiot
No this is a known issue for a LONG time. Tons of stories of cops seizing funds And sitting on them. What they used to do was “gift” it to the feds then the feds would “gift” it back minus 20%. Then the cops would claim they no longer had the money.

voiture

All Star
Bushed
Daps
40K to buy a new rig and he carried it in cash? If he is not guilty of anything he should get his money back. Usually cops hold onto cash like this because they are confident of winning in a civil suit if he takes it there.

There maybe some circumstantial evidence which cannot be proven in a criminal court but it's easily proven in a civil court.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
40K to buy a new rig and he carried it in cash? If he is not guilty of anything he should get his money back. Usually cops hold onto cash like this because they are confident of winning in a civil suit if he takes it there.

There maybe some circumstantial evidence which cannot be proven in a criminal court but it's easily proven in a civil court.

Yeah buddy sounds suspect...40k cash...3 phones....last minute ticket

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
This is very common in the car game. Most people only accept cash. They will not accept checks of any kind and want no bank involvement to avoid taxes etc. I was recently looking at an old school and the guy wanted 40 cash. He was willing to negotiate the price but the cash only was non negotiable.
If this is the case, then he was in fact intending to use that money to break the law. Working to get around the system to avoid paying taxes on that amount of money used in a purchase is against the law. So even though he told them he was going to use the money to purchase a truck, they also know that the intention behind full cash is to avoid the tax system. That is probably why they feel they can get away with keeping his money, because in the end the money was going to be used in the commission of a crime, though that crime would be a federal one.

*Oh, also state and perhaps city too since they can tax on sales too.

Geek Nasty

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Yeah buddy sounds suspect...40k cash...3 phones....last minute ticket
I don’t know this story, but last one I saw was almost the same setup. Private business owner sees something for sale, withdraws cash to drive to the seller, gets pulled over by cops who search him and confiscate cash because “money is suspicious” :comeon:

EDIT: this is basically how the world worked for everyone at one time.

Geek Nasty

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
some other stories