Arizona cops are sued for REFUSING to return $40,000 in cash seized from black trucking boss who was traveling to buy a new Rig, UPDATE: GOT HIS MONEY

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
40K to buy a new rig and he carried it in cash? If he is not guilty of anything he should get his money back. Usually cops hold onto cash like this because they are confident of winning in a civil suit if he takes it there.

There maybe some circumstantial evidence which cannot be proven in a criminal court but it's easily proven in a civil court.
That's not necessarily true. Many times they take it bc they know the process to get it back is so long many people don't even bother trying. Free money.

Red Money

Pro
Daps
I can tell these 6fig 6cert guys only finance cars...even used ones. Not illegal to pay for cars in cash....then you ask them the cash price and it lowers from the local guy to the official BMW dealer. All car dealers prefer cash...they got counterfeit pens ready and hold a few up to the light....they got no problem taking time to count through the Benjamin's and got money counter machines on deck.

Legal tender/legal currency.....and you got people saying you can't use it :dead:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This is very common in the car game. Most people only accept cash. They will not accept checks of any kind and want no bank involvement to avoid taxes etc. I was recently looking at an old school and the guy wanted 40 cash. He was willing to negotiate the price but the cash only was non negotiable.

tell dat nikka to get cash app :mjtf:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
This is very common in the car game. Most people only accept cash. They will not accept checks of any kind and want no bank involvement to avoid taxes etc. I was recently looking at an old school and the guy wanted 40 cash. He was willing to negotiate the price but the cash only was non negotiable.

Maybe for used cars you're buying off some dude. :jbhmm:

Used to sell whips at dealership and only ever saw anybody bring in a grip of cash money bills once. :hubie:

Fat Fred Jones

Reticent
Daps
I can tell these 6fig 6cert guys only finance cars...even used ones. Not illegal to pay for cars in cash....then you ask them the cash price and it lowers from the local guy to the official BMW dealer. All car dealers prefer cash...they got counterfeit pens ready and hold a few up to the light....they got no problem taking time to count through the Benjamin's and got money counter machines on deck.

This is a very common misconception. Many dealers prefer you finance, preferably through their finance department. That is because dealers make additional money from the financing. Most dealers simply aren't in need of immediate cash and can wait a few days for the bank to fund the purchase. Large sums of cash could actually create more of a burden for some establishments.

With that said, for the life of me, I can't comprehend how civil asset forfeiture has been allowed to persist. It seems to go against everything that constitutionalists claim to support. Unfortunately I feel like because it doesn't happen "enough" to the right people, it doesn't move the needle enough to get it explicitly prohibited. Even one case is too many though.

Last edited:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

Legal tender/legal currency.....and you got people saying you can't use it :dead:

Don’t listen to this.

NEVER let the dealership know you plan to pay cash until you have the final price negotiated. The dealership makes money on the finance end, if they find out you are paying cash it’s in their best interest to keep the price high since they won’t make any money off a loan.

You make them think you are open to financing the car for a good deal, once the price is negotiated, then you tell them you have cash.

Red Money

Pro
Daps
Don’t listen to this.

NEVER let the dealership know you plan to pay cash until you have the final price negotiated. The dealership makes money on the finance end, if they find out you are paying cash it’s in their best interest to keep the price high since they won’t make any money off a loan.

You make them think you are open to financing the car for a good deal, once the price is negotiated, then you tell them you have cash.

It depends on the dealership. CarMax ain't no haggling new or used. Used car dealerships I'm pointing out the flaws to see what they will let it go for then say I have cash....and ask to wave processing fees too.

Official dealership with something new....it's a little out of my range can you help me out? Then negotiate my trade in etc.

I didn't give any order of operations instructions. But I did say "and then ask the cash price"

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Don’t listen to this.

Unless the dealership does financing themselves, it’s out of their hands once the sell goes through. Payments go the financing company not dealership. They get theirs on top.