"as long as he's jewish idc" - twitter on a MCU looking for new Magneto

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I mean, all those white people bytching are going to watch the movie regardless, so there's that :manny:

During the early MCU X-Men talks last year, I predicted they'd either race-bend a number of the "main" characters (I guessed Rogue would be biracial, for starters) and/or they would completely change up the team to where, say, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean are the only white ones, and everyone else are either race-bent or a bunch of Jubilee, Bishop, Sunspot, ass non-whites being prioritized, with Storm having actual agency if not being the leader.

I don't care about this Prof X/Magneto stuff, but the inherent problem with the x-men is you suppose to represent oppressed underprivileged groups but all the main characters who get shine are a bunch of white folk lookin straight out of orange county Cali (Cyclops, Jean, Rogue, Emma, Gambit, Havok, Angel, Bobby, etc), with one token black woman with european features who doesn't do squat? It works great in the comics because comic fans are a small sheltered population that are vast majority elitist white folk.

With the rest of the American and global audience tho, the optics don't match up with the pitch; especially not in 2019 when a breh named Killmonger is the literal version of what Magneto is glorified as metaphoric for.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I mean, all those white people bytching are going to watch the movie regardless, so there's that :manny:

During the early MCU X-Men talks last year, I predicted they'd either race-bend a number of the "main" characters (I guessed Rogue would be biracial, for starters) and/or they would completely change up the team to where, say, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean are the only white ones, and everyone else are either race-bent or a bunch of Jubilee, Bishop, Sunspot, ass non-whites being prioritized, with Storm having actual agency if not being the leader.

I don't care about this Prof X/Magneto stuff, but the inherent problem with the x-men is you suppose to represent oppressed underprivileged groups but all the main characters who get shine are a bunch of white folk lookin straight out of orange county Cali (Cyclops, Jean, Rogue, Emma, Gambit, Havok, Angel, Bobby, etc), with one token black woman with european features who doesn't do squat? It works great in the comics because comic fans are a small sheltered population that are vast majority elitist white folk.

With the rest of the American and global audience tho, the optics don't match up with the pitch; especially not in 2019 when a breh named Killmonger is the literal version of what Magneto is glorified as metaphoric for.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is most likely fake anyway. Half of these “Rumors” twitter just makes up.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They gonna make Magneto a Mexican named Enrique Lafuerza who was from a town that was terrorized by the cartels and when he tried to cross the border with his family into the US his dad got killed by Minutemen and his mom died from an illness in a border camp.

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
Meh, he can be old...as long as he aint old and Frail(Shouts out to old man Wayne on titans:francis:) Fassbender brought strength and intimidation to the role that Mckellen didnt have....thats why Gus fring is a No-Go...to frail....not saying magneto aint gotta be swole:whoa: he's a geezer....but go find a pic of Magneto in any media he looks old...but never withered or decrepit:cape:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Yea like im all for diversity but there is 0 reason to make Prof X and Mag black just for the sake of making them black. But im sure some dumb ass coli member gonna come in here screaming "CAC"
If the pastel polo fits
pXWDP8.png

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
For one, wegotthiscovered is bullshyt 90% of the time.

For two, they still might tweak the races.

I don't like 'race bending" for the sake of it, but that wouldn't really be the case. There are black jews, and if you're updating a character who was created in the 60's in relation to the social climate it's not crazy to say they may need to be different iterations.

Last edited: