ASAP Rocky - "Everytime somethin happens because I'm black I gotta stand up? What am I Al Sharpton?"

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
Well, he has every right to not say anything. Just like he has every right to be an admitted drug addict and moist n#gga :yeshrug:

It's just funny to me how these dudes really don't understand how slave-like their existence is. Like bro really think that his life is Soho, Beverly Hills and white women. Like any of that would exist if he wasn't jumping around on stage entertaining white folks. Like they won't take that away in the next 5-10 years after his weirdo fans grow up, get married, move to the suburbs and start disassociating themselves from any remnants of their hipster past, so they can continue the family cycle of white middle classism.

N#ggas really think these white hipsters f#ck with them like that :mjlol:

This is why I always say it's important to read history for perspective because all history is a current event. By that I mean that there were always black people that received extra sh#t for how well they could entertain and/or enrich white folks. So, it's funny when I see the modern day entertainers(rappers, athletes, etc) think that they are above the black experience. These n#ggas are the pinnacle of it and don't even know it....until years later when the same industry that put them on helps bankrupt them socially and financially.

Like E40 said, "they'll find a new n#gga next year."

Peace

Zardoz

mmmmmmmmmmlli
Daps
I agree that he doesn't need to say anything (they're dumb-as-bricks entertainers, FFS), but the way he said it. :mjlol::dead:

Funniest, most stereotypical way to say "Look, I'm just a rapper" ever.

At least it's not as bad as Young Thug's answer to Mike Brown.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I agree with him to an extent. Not saying a entertainer or professional athlete shouldn't be able to express their opinion about race, politics, etc but we as a community need to stop expecting these guys to speak out. These present day actors, rappers, and athletes couldn't lace the shoes of the likes of Muhammad Ali, Jim Brown, etc.

His life consists of lean, feminine fashion, and white women. Are we really expecting much from him?