Asians Pissed at YG's Meet The Flockers; Gets 100000 Signatures on Petition, WH Must Respond

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
As someone who worked at a bank in an affluent Chinese area in Toronto. While a lot of local garages and businesses deal in cash, they still LOVE bank accounts, and LOVE dumping hundreds of thousands in GICs (Certificate of Deposit for Americans) that offer like 1% interest :heh:

Danktoker94

The Dude
Supporter
Daps
Chinks should take rat and roach ou they diets than worry about a song

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
As someone who worked at a bank in an affluent Chinese area in Toronto. While a lot of local garages and businesses deal in cash, they still LOVE bank accounts, and LOVE dumping hundreds of thousands in GICs (Certificate of Deposit for Americans) that offer like 1% interest :heh:
That's Toronto. He's talking about LA Fobs with community kitty money in a house safe.

RippTheRuler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
this has 21 million views on youtube. about 40x more than meet the flockers. where is the outrage?

:mjpls:

That's up to us to be outraged.. Chigga is obviously a play on nikka and he thinks that's cool and so does ghostface killa. Honestly enough black people aren't offended by the word to make a big deal out of it.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Idk what to think about this. I mean rap music is usually about robbing or killing another black man. But as soon as another race is mentioned they respond and aren't happy. So why

That's up to us to be outraged.. Chigga is obviously a play on nikka and he thinks that's cool and so does ghostface killa. Honestly enough black people aren't offended by the word to make a big deal out of it.
i aint here for selective outrage. :yeshrug:

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
The petition to ban YG’s “Meet the Flockers” has now surpassed 100,000 signatures, meaning the White House must now respond.

Update:

A petition of the White House to ban YG’s “Meet the Flockers” has received upwards of 65,000 supporters so far. “The song ‘Meet the Flockers’ by YG encourages violence and crimes to a specific ethnic group,” reads the petition. “As one of this group in North America, I feel seriously offended and threatened. Please ban the song from public media and investigate legal responsibilities of the writer.”

Original Story:

YG‘s song “Meet the Flockers” appeared on his 2014 album, My Krazy Life. Now, some Chinese-Americans are petitioning President Obama to take action against the track.

The Compton MC kicks off the song by spitting, “First, you find a house and scope it out/Find a Chinese neighborhood, cause they don’t believe in bank accounts.” Not only is the line upsetting Chinese-Americans, but the song and accompanying music video are now sparking outrage in China, as well. You can watch a summary of the entire situation via BBC.

Recently, three armed men invaded a Chinese-American woman’s home in Atlanta, and she shot at the home invaders with her own handgun. This incident seems to be the reason some native Chinese and Chinese-Americans are just now catching on to the YG song. You can view the video below. Obviously, nobody should be invading homes; however, it is a gigantic stretch to connect one particular home invasion to a YG record that dropped more than two years ago.

Chinese rapper Ph Dragon, who lives in Los Angeles, recently posted a diss video directed at YG. Dragon says, “Yo, YG/Now the Chinese neighborhood finds you/And you’re gonna taste your own stuff/What goes around comes around/Checking out YouTube look here what I found/Little punk ass people rapping about robbing Chinese.” Ph Dragon continues, saying, “When I first heard the track, I felt so disrespected. I felt so hurt. I need to stand up to say something about it.”

The “Why You Always Hatin” rapper has sinced dropped yet another project, Still Brazy, which was well-received by fans and critics alike.

Read More: YG’s Song “Meet the Flockers” Sparks Outrage in China - XXL

I think Asians in LA are particularly pissed becaused home invasions/robberies in the San Gabriel Valley has gone up considerably in the last few years....they're probably blaming this song
you cant ban free speech

what about the chinese underground hip-hop scene? Or korean pop?
Should we ban them for saying bad things about hip-hop and black artists?