Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Manufacturer: Asus
Release date: June 12, 2023

Fv2u6xgacAMLVwn

comparison-chart-1683777830524.png

Where can I pre-order the Asus ROG Ally?

Best Buy is the sole retailer in the U.S. that is accepting pre-orders.

Asus ROG Ally handheld PC

• $700

Tried to fight the urge, I couldn't. Day one as long as Best buy has my shyt on June 12th. I'm having it delivered to the Best Buy in the town I work in so I can just get it on lunch.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Y'all gotta be fukkin kidding me.. Y'all dead ass buying $700 game boys out here :hhh: can this be screen shared to play on a monitor or tv? I'm confused as to why there's a real market for such niche products. I would imagine anybody that would want this already has a great PC, and if you do then...? I'm looking to get into PC master race proper and this doesn't seem to be the way

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
Y'all gotta be fukkin kidding me.. Y'all dead ass buying $700 game boys out here :hhh: can this be screen shared to play on a monitor or tv? I'm confused as to why there's a real market for such niche products. I would imagine anybody that would want this already has a great PC, and if you do then...? I'm looking to get into PC master race proper and this doesn't seem to be the way

It is a niche product. As someone that has a gaming PC that punches above what the PS5/XSX can do, I would not mind taking those games on the road with me as there are many games that never come on consoles. Not to mention. I'm big into emulation and as a windows device, it'll be great.

I won't use it for being played on a monitor or screen but it can do that. It doesn't do all of the bells and whistles of what PC gaming can do, it's only $700 but for what it can do, it's pretty great.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
It's just a laptop in a handheld shell. You can do anything on it that any other computer can.

Some people really like gaming in that form factor as well.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
If you broke, just say that then :troll:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Anyway, can't wait for this. Many of the issues people with early copies were having with this have apparently been fixed by bios and firmware upgrades.

Mind you, prior to those upgrades, it was already performing quite a bit better than the Deck :banderas:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
What OS is it running?
Windows 11

Anyway, can't wait for this. Many of the issues people with early copies were having with this have apparently been fixed by bios and firmware upgrades.

Mind you, prior to those upgrades, it was already performing quite a bit better than the Deck :banderas:
Yessir.

I've been watching. The battery life on the initial firmware was about to scare me away. Seeing articles like this

Made me continue to pay attention. I'm convinced that Asus is going to listen to the community, I'm excited for this.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

Yessir. All the common complaints on the review units seems to be fixed already or getting fixed. Can't wait for mine to arrive! Though granted Asus/Microsoft need their ass kicked for shipping this with Office and MacAfee installed.

Last edited:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
After the last Phawx and Dave2D videos, I've decided to sell my Steam Deck and take delivery of my Ally pre-order on the 13th. In addition to the firmware updates described by The Phawx and Dave2D, Galip Fu, the head of Asus marketing even stated that they are working on allowing the Z1 extreme to shut down some of its 8 cores during gameplay. There is clearly space in the market for both the Ally and Steam Deck, but as someone who has owned the Steam Deck for a little over a year, I've grown tired of searching ProtonDB and YouTube to research game compatibility.

Asus claims that it has totally fixed the ROG Ally’s battery life