Asus Rog Ally |OT| Another competitor enters the arena

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
Think I will be copping one on Wednesday… I can return this to bestbuy if it ain’t all it’s cracked up to be?

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
So this thing has been a colossal bust so far. I've spent several hours updating shyt on here (on and off, i'm WFH and have to start/stop with the tinkering), and after finally getting everything updated, I haven't been able to play anything. I downloaded a bunch of PC gamepass and Windows 10 games, and most of them don't even launch. And of the 2 of 11 that I've tried that did launch (Cuphead and Tunic), the games don't actually load up. I've tried launching directly from start menu and from the Armory Crate app, and it's the same shyt.

edit: fixed the issue, it was simple as hell. the damn time wasn't synced correctly. once the system had the correct time, everything launches without issue.

Last edited:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Keep us updated. I'm picking mine up tomorrow. I still have my Steam Deck so I will be able to make some fair comparisons.

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ok so further update: I've played Cuphead, TMNT shredders revenge, Tunic, and Ori and the Will of the wisps.

The good: the cpu/gpu, and this damn screen. Without changing any settings, I was getting 95-110 fps on Tunic, just so smooth. Ori just looked fukking amazing.

The bad: the thumb sticks are a bit too loose for my liking. Unsure of how I feel about the dpad yet.

The ugly: the battery seemed to drain pretty fast outside of game just going through updates and shyt, I'm scared to see what the drain will be like once I play without the charger.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Mines is arriving tomorrow. I'll probably start it up and sign into all the launchers and shyt but I wont really be able to tinker with it until this weekend.

Stole this from Resetera. Just copped.

Sorry if unrelated but seemed like a good deal. In the US Amazon app (not website) I was able to get this power bank added to my cart with both a 35% off coupon and then an additional 15% off coupon for $29.99 total. Seems good for a semi reputable bank with 65w output and slides under the airline travel max capacity.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08VDJP7WN/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Mines is arriving tomorrow. I'll probably start it up and sign into all the launchers and shyt but I wont really be able to tinker with it until this weekend.

Stole this from Resetera. Just copped.

Sorry if unrelated but seemed like a good deal. In the US Amazon app (not website) I was able to get this power bank added to my cart with both a 35% off coupon and then an additional 15% off coupon for $29.99 total. Seems good for a semi reputable bank with 65w output and slides under the airline travel max capacity.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08VDJP7WN/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
copped

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Looks like a bunch of the local Best Buy stores have these in stock today but only a couple have the travel case. Gonna head out first thing today and pick both up.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Looks like a bunch of the local Best Buy stores have these in stock today but only a couple have the travel case. Gonna head out first thing today and pick both up.
Thankfully, I preordered the case the same day I bought the device. My case has been waiting for pickup for a few days now. I knew it'd be hard to find so I did it at the same time.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Was able to get in an out when Best Buy opened. Got the travel case as well. I need to get a screen protector. I see DBrand has one dropping this month. Hopefully I can get through all these updates before I have to start getting ready for work.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Was able to get in an out when Best Buy opened. Got the travel case as well. I need to get a screen protector. I see DBrand has one dropping this month. Hopefully I can get through all these updates before I have to start getting ready for work.
I'm bout to be at work doing this shyt. I already know I need to have the 'puter' putin here.