AT&T reportedly struggling to sell DirecTV at anything but a huge loss

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
does it really make sense to run a cable network when everyone is cord cutting and going over to streaming?

They just gonna restructure. The same media companies will remain. It’s still the same muthafukkas selling us sh*t. Viacom. Comcast. Disney. Warner. Fox. For all the talk about tech taking over the only new major player is Netflix and to a lesser extent Amazon.

Last edited:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
their biggest advantage was having a monopoly on the cableless rural americana.

But even this shytty ass 2.5 mbps speed internet they selling us.....? It's still good enough internet to cut a cable TV cord.

edit: YES, I said 2.5 mbps. for like 160 bucks a month.

:heh: WHY would I wanna pay you more for shyt I don't wanna watch? Cause I'm a dumb country nikka that don't know no better?

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
They threw it in with my AT&T Wireless contract last time around with most of the channels except ESPN because it came out cheaper than what I was paying with the OG unlimited i had been on since the first iphone but the cheaper price only worked if i got Direct TV
the promo period ended recently and I called to cancel and they gave it to me for $30 a month:mjlol:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They need to repurpose it as a streaming competitor to YouTube TV, Hulu+Live and Sling and bundle it with HBO Max.

I think they have one already, but if they promote it too late they'll go the way of Blockbuster. :francis:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
their biggest advantage was having a monopoly on the cableless rural americana.

But even this shytty ass 2.5 mbps speed internet they selling us.....? It's still good enough internet to cut a cable TV cord.

edit: YES, I said 2.5 mbps. for like 160 bucks a month.

:heh: WHY would I wanna pay you more for shyt I don't wanna watch? Cause I'm a dumb country nikka that don't know no better?

:dead:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly I’d just sale it at a lost and try to pay the debt down that they have and just keep it pushing...It’s not like satellite tv is going to make a come back. I’m not even sure who would purchase it.