ATL food writers discuss the Keith Lee effect, its food culture and "vibe dining"

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
*10 minutes, press play

Copy-of-Now-that-the-neighborhood-is-nice-why-do-I-have-to-move2-62cb5dec-1a23-44f1-8e84-3849a4822ef8.png

*On Thursday's flavorful segment of "Hot Spots" on The Rashad Richey Morning Show, renowned senior editor at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Mike Jordan, and leading the Black culture team, along with Celebrity Chef Todd Richards, discussed Atlanta's exciting food culture and the significance of vibe dining in the city. This captivating conversation delved into the essence of African cuisine, the importance of supporting local businesses, and the necessity for open dialogue regarding Atlanta's dining experience. It was prompted by the Eater ATL article, by Jordan, posted below

@im_sleep @Geode @staticshock @DrBanneker
@Fukwatutalkinwatisaylaw @invalid

Last edited:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Vibe dining means a grass wall, sugary drinks, music, and an overpriced combination of shrimp, grits, catfish, waffles, chicken wings, and fried green tomatoes.

I don’t fukk with any of it anymore.
Is it the price?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Is it the price?

That combined with it all being the same. They all serve the same brunch menu. All day brunch every single day.

Also you can tell when a restaurant is there to sell food and service and when it’s there to try and fund a lifestyle. It’s hard to describe but a lot of these places you can tell aren’t chef run, they are investments and they are trying to wring every last dollar out of you. Sparklers to bring drinks like it’s a club, they don’t take reservations, every drink being a sugar bomb, no free parking, and my personal favorite, the old “tip has been included but we don’t tell you that” trick. The first time I was tricked into tipping 40% was the last time I frequented that restaurant. I’ve encountered that bullshyt 3 times here and it’s always been those vibe brunch restaurants.

Last edited:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I’ve fallen for the trendy/viral instagram spots. Usually it’s video of a fancy interior with fancy drinks. The drinks are never good, unless you like sugar. And the food is never worth the money.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That combined with it all being the same. They all serve the same brunch menu. All day brunch every single day.

Also you can tell when a restaurant is there to sell food and service and when it’s there to try and fund a lifestyle. It’s hard to describe but a lot of these places you can tell aren’t chef run, they are investments and they are trying to wring every last dollar out of you. Sparklers to bring drinks like it’s a club, they don’t take reservations, every drink being a sugar bomb, no free parking, and my personal favorite, the old “tip has been included but we don’t tell you that” trick. The first time I was tricked into tipping 40% was the last time I frequented that restaurant. I’ve encountered that bullshyt 3 times here and it’s always been those vibe brunch restaurants.

This is cause most of these type of restaurants in Atlanta are being opened by club promoters or celebrities and not by people who are passionate about food.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
The culture went downhill ever since Atlanta became the epicenter of Blackness. One of the most overrated Bamma ass cities I've ever seen.

Don't @ me