ATL food writers discuss the Keith Lee effect, its food culture and "vibe dining"

Daps
seems like the disappointment could be avoided with a little research before you go. consumers gotta take accountability for their own choices :manny:

i'm a foodie, everytime i'm invited out i look at the menu before hand, check for parking situation, dress code, reviews, etc.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
This is cause most of these type of restaurants in Atlanta are being opened by club promoters or celebrities and not by people who are passionate about food.
This is facts. I was getting out the industry at that time but all the big players in south florida saw the writing on the wall with the club scene and said how can we keep expanding and they came with these concept restaurants with your pic of entertainment, fire breathers, belly dancers, singers, djs, contortionist, etc. They package that with themes, vibes, etc and tried to cater to the millenial crowd who aged out of clubs but still wanted something to do and had no problem paying CRAZY prices for things like bottle service even if the actual food was mediocre. We are talking almost 10 years when this shift happened but that was the early guys 2018/2019 was when it really took off.

Gen z kids that making fast money dont even really do clubs but I have seen them blow racks in those types of spots and then want to flaunt the bill on social media. Like I seen them run after the waiter if they mistakenly took the receipt cuz they rank up 2,4,6k in one sitting. Millennials and older would name drop a prime 112 or Joes stone crab and that hits the spot. But Gen Z want to do Komodo, Papi Steak, Nusr-et (The "salt bae" guy who sprinkle salt off elbow, made a BAG going viral).. I know the guys doin a couple of these spots from the club scene and if anything they know how to literally sell the sizzle and not the steak.. Put a steak in a lit up suitcase and make a big scene and people will pay 1k+, they were moving like 20+ a night just on that alone:mjlol:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
nikkas love crying over nothing. Plenty of good food spots if you ain’t into them type of spots. The real issue that’s going on in Atlanta that people are afraid to talk about is…Every fukking wing flavor is spicy. How you got 12 flavor options and 11 of them spicy? We need an investigative report

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
nikkas love crying over nothing. Plenty of good food spots if you ain’t into them type of spots. The real issue that’s going on in Atlanta that people are afraid to talk about is…Every fukking wing flavor is spicy. How you got 12 flavor options and 11 of them spicy? We need an investigative report

:dahell:

The most poppin wing spots are famous for flavors that are not spicy.

The issue is those brunch lounge restaurants are the ones that are pushed to the forefront. Hence the reason out of owners come here and think those are the places they should try. When you try and search for black owned restaurants here you gotta know how to filter out those places.

Last edited:

CoCKy GeNiuS

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vibe dining means a grass wall, sugary drinks, music, and an overpriced combination of shrimp, grits, catfish, waffles, chicken wings, and fried green tomatoes.

I don’t fukk with any of it anymore.
Basically a dine in scam for people who need to feel like they're something that means nothing at the price of a bill that could be used for actually something.