Atomic Blonde Trailer-Charlize Theron the female Baba Yaga :wow:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
so u can buy that a man can get hit by a car like 3 times in a flick. Shot and stabbed multiple times and roll down stairs multiple times but a female cant beat some goons? Im pretty cot dayum sure the dudes she's beating up in that trailer arent super assassins the way they are looking. Yall dudes kill me with this shyt i swear :pachaha: the hypocrisy is unreal when it comes to movies
I never said I wasn't hypocritical, I apologize that I have a reaction that 95% of people would have to Charlize theron going toe to toe with two goons at once. keanu made john wick believable because of the amount of training and preparation he did for this role. I'm watching this dude use the rubber guard and triangle choking people from the bottom position like a jiu-jitsu black belt. it was believable in the way he portrayed things. and john wick might as well be a super hero the way he is portrayed in the wick universe, he's basically a mythical type figure. judging from the trailer it looked like Charlize is just some CIA agent in a more grounded universe but maybe I'm wrong.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Got to buy who the actor is so you can have suspension of disbelief.
Small women hand to hand fighting anyone other than small women kills that. That isn't hard to understand.
Right, this is what I'm saying. keanu trained tirelessly for his role to make it believable, it does not seem like Charlize took it even close as serious. she looks goofy fighting.

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
The comments about how she looks like a fashion model, I mean Zoe Saldana and Angelina Jolie both played these kinds of roles in the past. They are not going to cast Rhonda Rousey or Gina Carano for these roles, because they are not really considered actors, although Carano is pretty. If we were casting black actresses, does anyone have a name that would work? I thought of Gugu, but she's waif-ish just like the rest of 'em. I always thought Hillary Swank could've pulled off these kinds of roles in her heyday.

I don't like Charlize for personal reasons, but McAvoy has my interest. Dude is a solid damn actor.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I never said I wasn't hypocritical, I apologize that I have a reaction that 95% of people would have to Charlize theron going toe to toe with two goons at once. keanu made john wick believable because of the amount of training and preparation he did for this role. I'm watching this dude use the rubber guard and triangle choking people from the bottom position like a jiu-jitsu black belt. it was believable in the way he portrayed things. and john wick might as well be a super hero the way he is portrayed in the wick universe, he's basically a mythical type figure. judging from the trailer it looked like Charlize is just some CIA agent in a more grounded universe but maybe I'm wrong.

This is actually based on a graphic novel, "The Coldest City".

Fred.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This is actually based on a graphic novel, "The Coldest City".

Fred.
I'll have to check it out. I mean if they give enough context and world building to make if believable I have no problems with it. that fight scene in the stair well just had me :beli:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'll have to check it out. I mean if they give enough context and world building to make if believable I have no problems with it. that fight scene in the stair well just had me :beli:

She's a bad ass super spy. Kinda like a female James Bond.

It's a graphic novel, which is basically a glorified comic. It doesn't have an obligation to be believable. I seen far less realistic shyt in that new "Fast & Furious" trailer than Charlize Theron beating people up. :yeshrug:

Fred.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
John Wick is cool and all but one of the last things I would call it is believable. lol

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Directed by the other dude that directed the first John Wick (David Leitch)....2017 got even more heat coming :smugdraper:

EDIT: it'll be playing at SXSW so if any of u texas brehs got the hookup u can see it before anybody else

?
your title is confusing baba yaga is a witch

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
She's a bad ass super spy. Kinda like a female James Bond.

It's a graphic novel, which is basically a glorified comic. It doesn't have an obligation to be believable. I seen far less realistic shyt in that new "Fast & Furious" trailer than Charlize Theron beating people up. :yeshrug:

Fred.
Yeah and I hated the newest fast & furious and the direction the franchise is going in. I complained adnauseum in the thread about how outlandish the movie was.
John Wick is cool and all but one of the last things I would call it is believable. lol
Within the world building & keanus performance I could suspend my disbelief for it to not bother me. in the film wick was damn near a mythical type figure.