Attention Windows 10 Users (Important)

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
JUST UPGRADED TO Windows 10? Excited about the prospect of the exciting additions that the November Update will bring? Well, you might have to wait a bit longer.

In a classic case of karma hitting dogma, Microsoft has made good on its promise that anyone upgrading from Windows 7 and 8.1 will have a month to change their mind. And therein lies the rub.

Anyone who has already installed the update, codenamed "Threshold 2", will know that this is no simple update. It's a complete reflash of the entire operating system with an updated version. If you haven't done it yet, forewarned is forearmed - you'll need to allow about an hour, depending on your internet speed.

Because it's such a thorough update, and given the limited amount of space on some hard drives, which we all know about from "updategate", the partition that contains your old operating system has to be wiped. As a result, if they let you install it, Microsoft would in effect be breaking its promise about 30 days to roll back. So instead, it's opted to break its promise of Windows-as-a-Service, as its newest users have to wait a month for the latest version.

There is a workaround, involving simply manually downloading the latest version using a USB stick and Microsoft's handy Media Creation Tool. This way you can still preserve all your data.

This all represents yey another example of Microsoft making decisions for you.

All it would have taken is a message saying "If you accept this update, you will no longer be able to roll back to the previous version of Windows". We know it exists, because it pops up if you use Disk Cleanup to remove the partition with your old OS. But no.

Rather, Microsoft has unilaterally decided the best thing is to let its newest converts instantly have an out-of-date OS. Windows 10 and its quest to make everything easy is becoming a little bit Nanny State. We're not Apple users, you know.

Windows 10 noobs won't see Threshold 2 for a month

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On terms of tablet use, windows 8 was way better. I mean, there's some things to like but I feel like they going backwards.

But I'mma stick with it, windows downgrading is like walking thru hell

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Then it's not brand new
It is brand new.With 10 gigs RAM. W10 just runs so much stuff in the background that it keeps the resources ramped up too high. It's a common complaint

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
It is brand new.With 10 gigs RAM. W10 just runs so much stuff in the background that it keeps the resources ramped up too high. It's a common complaint

I have to disagree, these are my specs for my laptop running W10 and HDD upgraded

Operating System
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
First Seen On Google Shopping
June 2008
Processor / Chipset
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 / 2 GHz
Number of Cores
Dual-Core
Cache
L2 - 2 MB
64-bit Computing
Yes
Front Side Bus
667 MHz
Chipset
Mobile Intel PM965 Express
Memory
RAM
3 GB
Max RAM Supported
4 GB
Technology
DDR2 SDRAM
Speed
667 MHz
Slots Qty
Storage
Hard Drive
320 GB HDD / 5400 rpm

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Between home and work, I've must've installed w10 on about 10 devices. Only once can I remember where one of my computers starting to get loud and overheat. You are right though when it comes to a lot of apps running in the background by default. However, the background apps running can easily be turned off in the settings.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
my shyt is smooth.
wat6rr.jpg

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
fukk windows 10. After some random update my audio went dead from my front and rear jack panels. Now Microsoft saying its a hardware issue because no updates they dished out effected audio drivers

:camby:

Gotta buy a sound card now