Austin Rivers claps back at the no name NFL bruh

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
But that's what I'm saying through this thread: it takes a certain body and build to play in the NFL.

Like honestly, which NBA players can push 225 on the bench 15 times who you think can play WR? That's already going to limit the selection massively.

To be fair, people who play football eat, take nutrition (& PEDs) and train their body for football. Most of them gain mass and strenght to deal with the physicality. If a basketball player were to eat, take nutrition and train like a football player their bodies would look a lot different. Obviously there are outliers.

As far as this topic, skills aside, making the NBA has a height requirement that people can't train for. While football you can train your body to get bigger and faster.

I always think that a person needs to win the genetic lottery to get into the NBA. The height plus athleticism you need to play in the league is that rare.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
To be fair, people who play football eat, take nutrition (& PEDs) and train their body for football. Most of them gain mass and strenght to deal with the physicality. If a basketball player were to eat, take nutrition and train like a football player their bodies would look a lot different. Obviously there are outliers.

As far as this topic, skills aside, making the NBA has a height requirement that people can't train for. While football you can train your body to get bigger and faster.

I always think that a person needs to win the genetic lottery to get into the NBA. The height plus athleticism you need to play in the league is that rare.
We're not talking about training up though for years though. We're talking about taking an NBA player and dropping them into the NFL right now so they can play.

There are so many skills learned for the NFL game over years and years. All the hand combat, "moves", building timing, etc.

People are overlooking the skill aspect big time. Some of the players these cats are going up against are state wrestling champions, you put a hand on them and you're going to be reaching air when you get shed.

Then you have to have the mentality for it. You can't quit after taking some hits, bearing the extreme temperatures, etc. Genetically for example, there's a reason many Pacific Islanders are enormous and get through training camp heat like nothing.

Some people don't learn how to be decent at football until they get hit. A lot. For example WR's know how to go down the middle and learned that after taking some serious hits. Many people will quit before they learn how to.

There's a lot of genetic lottery to do this and be on the same field with these guys flying around as well:

These guys are 6'3-6'8 300+ lbs. with some of the most incredible fluidity, coordination, flexibility, brute strength and explosiveness on the planet. Genetics do play a part as well. I know I wasn't built like that.

Last edited:

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
That man can't stay on a basketball court consistently and you think he gonna even be available to be on the field in this hypothetical? :picard:
Zion would get turf toe attending an NFL game, bruh.

This is a fair point but I’d argue Zion’s body is more equipped for short-term explosiveness as opposed to the constant running and jumping on a basketball court

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Relative to their draft positions and what they walked into, James Jones met expectations as a player. Perhaps exceeded them. Austin Rivers did not.

None of these things have to do with the argument at hand, though.

Rivers was the tenth pick had a 11 year career

The ten players picked after him - meyers leonard, jeremy lamb, kendall marshall, john henson, maurice harkless, royce white, tyler zeller, terrence jones, andrew nicholson, evan fournier

since 1999 players drafted tenth, prob only liek 5 guys on here have had a better career than austin rivers

Cason Wallace
Johnny Davis
Ziaire Williams
Jalen Smith
Cam Reddish
Mikal Bridges
Zach Collins
Thon Maker
Justise Winslow
Elfrid Payton
CJ McCollum
Austin Rivers
Jimmer Fredette
Paul George
Brandon Jennings
Brook Lopez
Spencer Hawes
Mouhamed Sene
Andrew Bynum
Luke Jackson
Jarvis Hayes
Caron Butler
Joe Johnson
Keyon Dooling
Jason Terry

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
We're not talking about training up though for years though. We're talking about taking an NBA player and dropping them into the NFL right now so they can play.

There are so many skills learned for the NFL game over years and years. All the hand combat, "moves", building timing, etc.

People are overlooking the skill aspect big time. Some of the players these cats are going up against are state wrestling champions, you put a hand on them and you're going to be reaching air when you get shed.

Then you have to have the mentality for it. You can't quit after taking some hits, bearing the extreme temperatures, etc. Genetically for example, there's a reason many Pacific Islanders are enormous and get through training camp heat like nothing.

Some people don't learn how to be decent at football until they get hit. A lot. For example WR's know how to go down the middle and learned that after taking some serious hits. Many people will quit before they learn how to.

There's a lot of genetic lottery to do this and be on the same field with these guys flying around as well:

These guys are 6'3-6'8 300+ lbs. with some of the most incredible fluidity, coordination, flexibility, brute strength and explosiveness on the planet. Genetics do play a part as well. I know I wasn't built like that.

If you're talking about right now can we drop an NBA player into an NFL team to play then it's probably a hard 'no'. NBA players don't have the technique to either tackle, block properly, or have the experience to protect themselves properly when they're about to get hit. Not to mention they're bodies are not built for football or have the mental callus to deal with the physicality that they would have to endure to play in the NFL. These guys would most likely get hurt.

I know I've heard this from a former pro who said an NFL play is like a car crash for every player who engages in contact. Someone who is not used to that, like an NBA player, is not going to last very long.

But if you're talking about whether guys in the NBA now could play football if they played growing up, then I think there are a lot of NBA players that could do that. Now if you ask the opposite, if there are NFL players who played basketball growing up and whether they could play in the NBA, that is going to be a very small number.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Bro stop making shyt up yall nikkas fooling

Name overseas hoopers who have made the NFL
chris manhertz mo alie-cox mark vital.......... them nikkas wasn't even overseas pro level

point is the nfl is actively trying to convert hoopers who have attributes that they feel easily translate

dudes who never stepped on the gridiron or hadn't played since before puberty hit in pop warner

you will not find washed out football players popping up in nba training camps or practice rosters

shyte tony gonzalez antonio gates jimmy graham you cannot name a football to basketball equivalent of that

and in terms of attributes none of them cats are anything special on the court

hoopers also much rawer athletes they don't spend the time in the weight room or on the track like football players

if a nikka is 6'6 220 with 40+ vert out the pack what is that once the coaches give him a program to max out those attributes¿

it makes too much sense HA

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Rivers was the tenth pick had a 11 year career

The ten players picked after him - meyers leonard, jeremy lamb, kendall marshall, john henson, maurice harkless, royce white, tyler zeller, terrence jones, andrew nicholson, evan fournier

since 1999 players drafted tenth, prob only liek 5 guys on here have had a better career than austin rivers

Cason Wallace
Johnny Davis
Ziaire Williams
Jalen Smith
Cam Reddish
Mikal Bridges
Zach Collins
Thon Maker
Justise Winslow
Elfrid Payton
CJ McCollum
Austin Rivers
Jimmer Fredette
Paul George
Brandon Jennings
Brook Lopez
Spencer Hawes
Mouhamed Sene
Andrew Bynum
Luke Jackson
Jarvis Hayes
Caron Butler
Joe Johnson
Keyon Dooling
Jason Terry
I count atleast 10 have you seen Austin stats?
Joe Jonson
Jason Terry
Caron
Bynum
Hawes
PG
Brook
Mikal
Payton
CJ

Arguments could be made for others and some are still young with shots

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Jamal Williams lead the league in touchdown. And we let him go. The shyt means nothing

unless u running 15 to 20plus yard runs and catches. Scheming a td means jack shyt
Someone tell Tyreke Hill that his leading the league in touchdown receptions last season means nothing because Jamal Williams was let go. :mjlol:
Win at all cost trash posting.