King Poetic

The D.O.G.(Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chavez Ravine, California
James Jones had a decent nfl career

And played enough seasons for a good ass pension/benefits

I hate when athletes bring up money because so what if u made more money, that doesn’t mean at the end of the day your money habits is better than james jones

There so many nba athletes (joe smith for example) who made more money than some bench nfl players and today that nba player who made all that money is struggling to stay afloat than the nfl player who made 15 million out of his career

Austin u wouldn’t cut it in the NFL as well as other nba players

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
Do you know what a silver slugger is? When you figure that out, know that Rendon won it twice before his big payday and subsequent falloff.

He's been a scrub for 4 years and will be making 38 million per year another 3 years

These next 3 years are more than Austin's entire career earnings.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
He's been a scrub for 4 years and will be making 38 million per year another 3 years

These next 3 years are more than Austin's entire career earnings.

Point being he was not a scrub when he earned that contract. He was one of the best hitters in the league.

Using him and his contract as an example of how MLB scrubs get paid more than Austin Rivers is completely asinine.

Cause if you wanna go that route, please believe me the NBA has examples way worse than the Rendon situation, cough cough Ben Simmons, cough cough Bradley Beal, cough cough John Wall.

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
Point being he was not a scrub when he earned that contract. He was one of the best hitters in the league.

Using him and his contract as an example of how MLB scrubs get paid more than Austin Rivers is completely asinine.

Cause if you wanna go that route, please believe me the NBA has examples way worse than the Rendon situation, cough cough Ben Simmons, cough cough Bradley Beal, cough cough John Wall.

That's a fair point

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I think Jalen Suggs being a top 5 draft pick and becoming staring Point Guard in the NBA but not even attempting to be a College Quarterback says quite a lot.

Last edited:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
The problem with the whole argument really is that when Rivers said "I can take 30 NBA guys and put them in the NFL," what NFL players interpreted from that was "Football is easy."

I didn't see Rivers' latest clapback, but James Jones fried him. And as pointed out, going with the "I made more money" argument is more of a copout as opposed to JJ's approach of "Perhaps you should have tried football because basketball wasn't your sport based on how your career went."

That said, it takes more skill to be a good basketball player than a good football player. That doesn't mean either status is easy to accomplish.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Allen Iverson was better at football then basketball. Lebron played in HS.
Maybe high school. Dude would've got murdered in college playing QB.

Barefoot:
Kyler Murray is 5'10 210 lbs.
Bryce Young is 5'10 210 lbs.
Allen Iverson is 5'10 160 lbs.

I think one thing people forget is how dense NFL players are, this is just college (Latham is now in the NFL), but this is what 6'5 looks like in that league:

You need to really be built for the sport of football. Not just as an linemen wrestling these dudes, but as a skills position with these dudes falling on top of you and lifting yourself off the ground with them on your back.

Last edited:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Basketball wasn’t Austin Rivers sport? He played 14 years, but it wasn’t his sport? Folks talk about him like he was changing oil at Jiffy Lube and Doc just put him on a roster and forced other teams to pay and play him.

nikkas just say dumb shyt, unchecked.

On a 15 man NBA roster on a good team at least 12 players are role players. But somehow it’s become a diss to be a role player in the NBA. People are shermed up for real.

Last edited: