Austin Texas Kicks out Uber Lyft ..and predictably DWI and Crashes rise

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
So I'm supposed to be mad because a company got told to scram because theh choose to employ people without proper background checks, which risks the community it serves?

What is the issue here?

And I don't understand how taxi companies haven't just set up their own apps yet. That shyt is not hard.

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
Why would the average Austin resident, not connected to a taxi company, vote for this?

ⒶⓁⒾⒶⓈ

Doctors without Labcoats
Daps
Reppin
Payments accepted Obamacare,paypal and livestock
Why would the average Austin resident, not connected to a taxi company, vote for this?

Scare tactics bruh...they said "you dont know who is driving you ...it could be a criminal..we need to get them fingerprinted...

even tho if you think logically the same applies to taxis too..the dude driving may not be the person on the medallion

plushcarpet

Superstar
Daps
And I don't understand how taxi companies haven't just set up their own apps yet. That shyt is not hard.

I've been wondering the same exact thing, and why didn't they do it immediately as soon as Uber popped up :mindblown:

They could have shut uber down in a month

ⒶⓁⒾⒶⓈ

Doctors without Labcoats
Daps
Reppin
Payments accepted Obamacare,paypal and livestock
I've been wondering the same exact thing, and why didn't they do it immediately as soon as Uber popped up :mindblown:

They could have shut uber down in a month
Established incumbent businesses have inertia bruh...they resist change because they still have money coming in and execs who have staked their career on not changing shyt....plus they assume politicians will always save them from competition.

Why didnt blockbuster buy netflix and redbox or make their own?

Why didnt Nintendo adapt their consoles to CD?( EDIT NINTENDO)

The taxi industry is bloated and inefficient..fighting UBER wont change that because sooner or later they will lose to a more efficient system.

Last edited:

plushcarpet

Superstar
Daps
Established incumbent businesses have inertia bruh...they resist change because they still have money coming in and execs who have staked their career on not changing shyt....plus they assume politicians will always save them from competition.

Why didnt SEGA adapt their consoles to CD?

The taxi industry is bloated and inefficient..fighting UBER wont change that because sooner or later they will lose to a more efficient system.
yea you're right, i give people too much credit :francis:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

Why didnt SEGA adapt their consoles to CD?

You mean Nintendo breh :skip:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Lol there was no deal to cut. He got indicted by the feds for trafficking weed, steroids, and pain pills. Even if he wanted to talk, they wouldn't let him cuz they followed him around the country for three years and knew literally everything he was doing. shyt was comical to a point. When the feds finally moved in they told my buddy that he was one of the more fun people to follow cuz he'd always have dope girls around. :mjlol:

But anyway, this kid is generally scum and if he can get through Uber's background check then somethings wrong with their system.
and selling drugs should disqualify him from rideshare? it's not like he was a violent offender.