Australia: 7% of Catholic priests abused children, commission finds

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
Australia: 4,444 victims of Catholic child sex abuse - CNN.com

"The commission found, between January 1980 and February 2015, there were 4,444 victims of alleged sex abuse.
From three separate data surveys and witness testimonies, the commission found 7% of priests belonging to
The average age of victims at the time of abuse was 10.5 for girls and 11.6 for boys.
At least 1,880 alleged perpetrators were identified, according to the commission.
Of the alleged perpetrators, 32% were religious brothers, 30% were priests, 29% were lay people and 5% were religious sisters."

:gucci:. From the report 10% of the alleged perps were female, even the nuns and sisters be on that shyt :scust:
In one of the orders, 40% of the priests were kiddie-fiddling :hhh:

So far there have only been 27 prosecutions on the back of the inquiry, 75 pending.

Last edited:

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Far lower number than 40% of the American kids abused by their own relatives/neighbors, so statistically kids are safer with the clergy than their own uncles. Also doesn't the church have abuse insurance for this?

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
you obviously dont understand statisitcs "
  • 30 – 40% are abused by a family member."
that means of those that are abused 30-40% are commited a family member, that does not mean 30-40% of familly members are pedophiles!

this report says 7% of australian catholic priests are pedophiles, not of the children abused, 7% are committed by Catholic church.

You're not comparing like with like. :sas2:

AndroidHero

Superstar
Daps
Far lower number than 40% of the American kids abused by their own relatives/neighbors, so statistically kids are safer with the clergy than their own uncles. Also doesn't the church have abuse insurance for this?

This is not how statistics works, 40% of kids in America aren't abused that is crazy.

Jimi Swagger

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
you obviously dont understand statisitcs "
  • 30 – 40% are abused by a family member."
that means of those that are abused 30-40% are commited a family member, that does not mean 30-40% of familly members are pedophiles!

this report says 7% of australian catholic priests are pedophiles, not of the children abused, 7% are committed by Catholic church.

You're not comparing like with like. :sas2:

Said neighbor also or rather someone the child knows per the stats. and the there are more registered pedophiles in America than there are Catholic priests in Australia. :troll: Be more worried of your uncle or neighbor diddling with your kid than the clergy. I wasn't molested. Most can't say the same, unfortunately.

This is not how statistics works, 40% of kids in America aren't abused that is crazy.

You want attention or don't comprehend. Pedophilia is rampant in the States. There are more boys and girls touched are molested than police shootings or Muslim bans but that doesn't make headline news or shock value Coli threads rather than known issues with the Catholic Church in Australia to the point where there is global abuse insurance.

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
Said neighbor also or rather someone the child knows per the stats. and the there are more registered pedophiles in America than there are Catholic priests in Australia. :troll: Be more worried of your uncle or neighbor diddling with your kid than the clergy. I wasn't molested. Most can't say the same, unfortunately.

what stats? you don't have any stats as to how many relatives/neighbours are pedophiles. The stats you show are of the subset of children who have been abused, not all children - do not understand that?

And most people weren't molested, even your stats say that.

AndroidHero

Superstar
Daps

You want attention or don't comprehend. Pedophilia is rampant in the States. There are more boys and girls touched are molested than police shootings or Muslim bans but that doesn't make headline news or shock value Coli threads rather than known issues with the Catholic Church in Australia to the point where there is global abuse insurance.

:dwillhuh:

So you believe that 40% of American kids are abused?!!!

Jimi Swagger

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
what stats? you don't have any stats as to how many relatives/neighbours are pedophiles. The stats you show are of the subset of children who have been abused, not all children - do not understand that?

And most people weren't molested, even your stats say that.
How many priests are 7% of those in Australia :sas1:

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
Fixed and touche. What is the number of priests in Australia who molested children? I'll wait. And if it's less than the number of sex offenders in America then I will eat crow but I doubt it.
what does this stat have to do with it? you are are trying to compare being abused by a priest or a family member/neighbour. Australia has a different population to the US, has a different priest population.

you are either ignorant, cant grasp the simple concept, or unwilling to admit you're wrong.

Even if it were the case that priests molest people less than the average person, what is your point exactly? 'At least they're not as bad as the average person', or '7% isn't that high'?

Priests are supposed to be the pinnacle of virtue, yet 7% of them are committing the most heinous crimes we have in our society and evading prosecution.

Jimi Swagger

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
what does this stat have to do with it? you are are trying to compare being abused by a priest or a family member/neighbour. Australia has a different population to the US, has a different priest population.

you are either ignorant, cant grasp the simple concept, or unwilling to admit you're wrong.

Even if it were the case that priests molest people less than the average person, what is your point exactly? 'At least they're not as bad as the average person', or '7% isn't that high'?

Priests are supposed to be the pinnacle of virtue, yet 7% of them are committing the most heinous crimes we have in our society and evading prosecution.

Please let's not make accusations and stick to debating. Priests are regular people that attended seminary. No different than our molesting uncles and school teachers hence the abuse insurance mentioned in my OP that was ignored. More registered sex offenders in our neighborhoods. Just check your zip http://www.familywatchdog.us/showmap.asp doesn't even account for the undocumented creepy uncles not backed by Abuse Insurance.