Australia: 7% of Catholic priests abused children, commission finds

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
Please let's not make accusations and stick to debating. Priests are regular people that attended seminary. No different than our molesting uncles and school teachers hence the abuse insurance mentioned in my OP that was ignored. More registered sex offenders in our neighborhoods. Just check your zip http://www.familywatchdog.us/showmap.asp doesn't even account for the undocumented creepy uncles not backed by Abuse Insurance.
you made a claim, a claim that you cant back up with any evidence. The stats you showed were incorrect.

the abuse insurance was ignored because it is pointless. Priests have abuse insurance and regular people don't. AND?!?! how does this fact mean there are more priest pedophiles than regular people?

ⒶⓁⒾⒶⓈ

Doctors without Labcoats
Daps
Reppin
Payments accepted Obamacare,paypal and livestock
Far lower number than 40% of the American kids abused by their own relatives/neighbors, so statistically kids are safer with the clergy than their own uncles. Also doesn't the church have abuse insurance for this?
:francis: Wrong that stat is 40% of convicted molesters were related
It says nothing about the actual numbers relative to population
There's no credible numbers on the issue and it's well known that many abusers are not convicted

Fixed and touche. What is the number of priests in Australia who molested children? I'll wait. And if it's less than the number of sex offenders in America then I will eat crow but I doubt it.
:hhh: I hope you cook that crow thoroughly they host a lot of parasites
Australia has only 24 million people ...that's why a few thousand molester priests is statistically significant

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
you made a claim, a claim that you cant back up with any evidence. The stats you showed were incorrect.

the abuse insurance was ignored because it is pointless. Priests have abuse insurance and regular people don't. AND?!?! how does this fact mean there are more priest pedophiles than regular people?

Ya want a number. Here ya go. 4444 claims in a 15 year period(297 annually) when 781 cases of teacher sexual abuse was reported 2014 in the states by teachers. Yall spare me with this circle jerk. Kid more likely to get fukked by his teacher or his uncle than the priest. Yall can take sexual abuse lightly but as someone who volunteers with the homeless and victims of trauma.

The church has abuse insurance, perhaps the public schools will follow suit. And WHY do you keep differentiating priests from regular people....they are regular people who studied theology as teachers are regular people who passed the state boards and our dirty uncle/neighbor is just a regular person.
@Jimi Swagger with some of the worst posting ive ever seen :dead:
Sure. Hope you weren't diddled with or make sure you keep your kids close. They are raping everybody :smile:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ya want a number. Here ya go. 4444 claims in a 15 year period(297 annually) when 781 cases of teacher sexual abuse was reported 2014 in the states by teachers. Yall spare me with this circle jerk. Kid more likely to get fukked by his teacher or his uncle than the priest. Yall can take sexual abuse lightly but as someone who volunteers with the homeless and victims of trauma.

The church has abuse insurance, perhaps the public schools will follow suit. And WHY do you keep differentiating priests from regular people....they are regular people who studied theology as teachers are regular people who passed the state boards and our dirty uncle/neighbor is just a regular person.

Sure. Hope you weren't diddled with or make sure you keep your kids close. They are raping everybody :smile:
well i guess its somewhat of a safe bet with your terribly misread "statistic" :mjlol:

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
Just stop quoting stats, you have no idea what you are doing. again you're not comparing like with like.

you seem insistent on :cape:for priests.
The thread was about a study 7% of Australian priests being paedophiles, and your response is 'well family/neighbours do it more (not verified) and they have abuse insurance' :what:. just really weird. i'm done with this.

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
:francis: Wrong that stat is 40% of convicted molesters were related
It says nothing about the actual numbers relative to population
There's no credible numbers on the issue and it's well known that many abusers are not convicted

:hhh: I hope you cook that crow thoroughly they host a lot of parasites
Australia has only 24 million people ...that's why a few thousand molester priests is statistically significant

It's hard to source exact numbers on incest as its underreported. I was able to find a couple of sites with older data. It's more prevalent than in the Catholic church. Playings Devil's advocate but the Church at least acknowledge there is a problem with Abuse Insurance and investigations.
Alliance: Factsheets: Incest
David Finkelhor, estimates that 1,000,000 Americans are victims of father-daughter incest, and 16,000 new cases occur annually (Finkelhor, 1983). However, Finkelhor's statistics may be significantly low because they are based primarily on accounts of white, middle-class women and may not adequately represent low-income and minority women (Matsakis, 1991).

Incest Rates & Statistics | Search or browse Incest rates for all cities, towns, and counties in the US
Another site pulls data from law enforcement's National Incident-Based Reporting System, doesn't take account of all states and municipalities but randomly chose Yuma Arizona with a 1 in 60976 occurrence

This is annually, not a 15 year span like the report mentioned in the OP. More people are getting touched by relatives than 4,444 incidents in a 15 year period in a population of 24 million plus/minus growth.

If more Eddie Long's(rip) into the light COGIC members will still follow their pastors, as Catholics do priests. After all you follow the message and not the messenger from what I am told by church goers and people who love R Kelly. It's no question why child sexual abuse continues at the hands of trusted adults. It's just another sensational article about a known issue that the church actually has abuse insurance. :manny: