Author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie faces backlash for suggesting transgender women are not real women

Quasi

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Africa, center of the world.
As surprised as I am to admit it myself, I think the funniest thing about all this is that it all comes back to them still retaining male privilege despite them not identifying as such. They're suddenly considered women because they decided among themselves that they are. There's a lot of irony in the fact that you have men who were born as men and grew up as men telling women that they themselves have no authority or input on what it means to be a woman. There's no care for what the women have to say about it, and they lambast any woman who disagrees with them.

So as much as they might not (externally) look like men, their actions are proving that they're still very much men with strong, traditional views on whose voice matters most.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She didnt even say what the title suggests. She said they have different experiences. Social media is a bizarro echo chamber.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
She is an African woman and most of them especially those who were raised in Africa rarely indulge in extreme leftists positions such as a person who is a man now wants to be considered a woman.

But she's not your typical african woman. She spent a lot of time in the West and received her education there. She's one of those afro-feminists. And many of them, at least the ones I know, ride with that hardcore leftism LGBTQ train.

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
But she's not your typical african woman. She spent a lot of time in the West and received her education there. She's one of those afro-feminists. And many of them, at least the ones I know, ride with that hardcore leftism LGBTQ train.

I get your point. Where are you based and what are these afro-feminists? From which country?

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
I get your point. Where are you based and what are these afro-feminists? From which country?

The ones I know, beside those living in the US, are based in Belgium and France. Some of them are congolese. There are also a lot of lesbians in those circles.

These afro-feminists are basically feminists trying to apply feminism within the african context.

This is an illustration of what I'm talking about :

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
The ones I know, beside those living in the US, are based in Belgium and France. Some of them are congolese. There are also a lot of lesbians in those circles.

These afro-feminists are basically feminists trying to apply feminism within the african context.

This is an illustration of what I'm talking about :

Yea they do exist but they are a very tiny minority. I think where you were raised is a contributing factor those two in the vids seems like they were born and raised in Europe so the likelihood is greater to becomes susceptible to those types of ideologies. Chimamanda although lived in the US was raised in Nigeria and came to America for university which is still a very young age but I think had some foundation before coming to America.

GrindMode

All Star
Daps
Its crazy how the confused ones are projecting their confusion on the rest of us.
Now people have to question themselves and redefine their truth just to appease some confused individual