“Automation should be liberating humanity from mundane repetitive jobs.”

Would automaton liberate humanity from mundane repetitive jobs?

• Agree.

• Disagree.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Even in the tech industry automation just means shifting that work to someone in India
This, automate the tasks and then if buttons still need to be pressed it can be done by someone halfway across the world being paid in sandwiches :francis:

WFH scares me too, luckily I’m able to get into my dream home in the next 6 months but people don’t realize if companies are allowing you to work from anywhere eventually there’s nothing stopping said company from hiring dirt cheap 3rd world labor from anywhere in the world. I feel terrible for you young brehs just getting out of college looking for careers, UBI is going to be some unlivable wage bullshyt from the government because they don’t give two fukks about us. :beli:
By the time it hits I’ll be right at retirement age and will probably go some place with a cheaper cost of living to finish my life but you young brehs probably won’t be able to get that luxury :beli:

CouldntBeMeTho

Clarence Pawlicker
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
If we're not trying to free ourselves from toil and laboring for others, then wtf are we even doing with ourselves...

One of my biggest beefs with current humanity, is how aimlessly we spin our wheels here. nikka idgaf about quarterly gains and stocks and shyt.. why aren't we trying to free ourselves to pursue art and philosophy and whatever else we want to do

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Elevators used to have operators to make it go up or down. Then they invented automatic elevators where you could just press the buttons. Operators unions had whole campaigns about how you still need operators and how automatic elevators were unsafe. Of course as history shows, they lost that battle.

Should we have stopped the expansion of automatic elevators in order to protect operators jobs? At the end of the day, if enough people want it, people will get it. And the workers will eventually find other jobs. Sometimes the innovation ends up creating whole new jobs in ways we wouldn't have expected.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Capitalism won’t allow it.

You’re going to have more people competing for the same jobs.

unless there is some type of UBI, it won’t work. Eventually you will have corporations that’s comprised of a handful of people and the rest is AI.

you will have computers acting as lawyers, representing clients in court. Robots performing surgery.

And at some point, human intelligence as a whole will decline from one generation to the next. Education will be optional.

After a while, robots will be doing hit jobs, and murdering people. And the investigation will be conducted by androids.

hatealot

Banned
Daps
It should but the reality is there are alot of simple ass nikkas in our world.

What about the simple ass nikkas ?! I'm not even tryna be funny. They need jobs too, I need a job too, cuz I'm a simple to another person who is doing a more advanced job.

Until they have something to replace us simple ass folks, then they just outcasting a whole demographic

hatealot

Banned
Daps
Capitalism won’t allow it.

You’re going to have more people competing for the same jobs.

unless there is some type of UBI, it won’t work. Eventually you will have corporations that’s comprised of a handful of people and the rest is AI.

you will have computers acting as lawyers, representing clients in court. Robots performing surgery.

And at some point, human intelligence as a whole will decline from one generation to the next. Education will be optional.

After a while, robots will be doing hit jobs, and murdering people. And the investigation will be conducted by androids.
We gonna all be hooked up to batteries and turned into human suitcases being used as by products and harnessing our energy like the Matrix :francis:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I agree.

Do you still perform big ass calculations by hand? Or do you use Excel?

Same concept…only mechanical in nature.

There used to be traffic controllers in many intersections. Imagine how goofy things would look today without traffic lights.