'Avatar 2' needs to make $2 billion at the box office to break even.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
They've already filmed all of Avatar 3 and parts of 4.. I'm gonna guess that part of the budget for this movie was also for Avatar 3. This movie is gonna easily make $2 billion, the 3rd one gonna be a big money maker for them and alot more profit would be my guess

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
The movie should hit 2 billion sometime this weekend.
I was about to say they probably just hit it. But that break even cost includes production for Avatar 3&4, apparently? So they’re really sitting pretty.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Damn, if the $2bill budget was to break even on 2/3/4 then Disney about to release 2 additional movies for nothing more than a marketing budget of $300mil and coasting to profits off the back of a single movie. Brilliant really :jbhmm:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
How was this movie able to gross over 2 billion dollars?
TIMING! No other blockbusters have been released the last 2 months that can bring any heat to Avatars crown. Easy to follow story that translates to all cultures, and the visuals are stunning in 3D.

Disney also owns most release dates since their only comp is now Universal & WB which neither want any smoke. Should have a drop off due to AntMan (also Disneys) but I don’t think it dethroned for a while.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
The first movie is the highest grossing movie of all time. Not sure why people expected this to flop lol.
Yeah but the first movie was mainly a novelty hit because of the visuals/effects. The 3D visuals at the time.

I didn't expect it to "flop" but I definitely didn't expect it to make over 2 billy.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The first movie is the highest grossing movie of all time. Not sure why people expected this to flop lol.
It's a weird hatred by internet fan Boys for the first movie I never understood
Sure the movie had flaws, but you would've thought it was the worst movie of all time in their opinion

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Yeah but the first movie was mainly a novelty hit because of the visuals/effects. The 3D visuals at the time.

I didn't expect it to "flop" but I definitely didn't expect it to make over 2 billy.
It had a wide global release and that’s without China being in movie theaters right now from their Covid lockdowns.