'Avatar 2' needs to make $2 billion at the box office to break even.

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC by way of the Steel City
I remember watching the first at the Imax theater in Times Square. Thought it was one of best movies in the past decade.:ohlawd:.

I watched it again 6 years later, and convinced that it was easily the worst movie I had ever seen .

Unobtainium? Really?:mjlol:

Needless to say, probably going to be a Pass here.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
He meant top 3 or 4 of the domestic box office
which would mean it needs to make at least 800 million
they misunderstood him
That makes more sense as that 2 billion number sounded totally unrealistic. If that was the case, then I'd be curious to hear the number that Fast X needs to break even :russ:

Even then, I still think that it's going to struggle to hit that $800 million domestic box office number.

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
The first is possibly my favorite movie of all time, ain’t been to a theater in years but I might have to pop out just for the culture :banderas: :wow::myman:
:gucci:

this is more common than i thought and it's making me uncomfortable. the first avatar was long and boring. it's also a rip off of pocahontas/dances with wolves.

Daps
I really hope this shyt fails. The first movie is boring as fukk, derivative and kicked off one of the worst film fads ever, 3d. Plus its taken over a decade of James Cameron from us.

I cant wrap my head around how that could be someone's favorite movie. Yall barely even remember the characters names. Whats your second favorite? Fast 9?

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is what’s funny about these directors who diss comic book movies. James Cameron needed $$$$$ and over a decade to churn out a sequel to Smurf’s in space. A CGI fest with a lifted plot that’s pretty much interchangeable with video game cut scenes.

What a genius! Look at all this depth and real acting! Nothing like Marvel. *looks at blue people copying dances with wolves*

Don’t get me wrong; I love his movies, but he’s clearly a hater. And he’s making 7 of these terrible films. Lol.