Ayyo let me educate some of yall knuckleheads about GOAT, and top 5,10, etc lists.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps

You probably the lil dumb nikka in this skit yo.:scusthov:

Last edited by a moderator:

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
f_beanietwom_cd62c44-2.jpg

Corndog

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, this is what pisses me off: everyone has different criteria for what makes a "great rapper" and no one wants to be precise about what they're ranking. Are we talking discographies/catalogue? Are we talking straight up rap skills? Are we talking versatility? And if we're taking everything into account as like a total package, how do you measure one thing against another. How does a rapper with a great catalogue and good skills on the mike rank up against a dude with an inconsistent catalogue but elite skills?
I mean, dudes always just want to say GOAT/top 5 or whatever but never really break down what they mean by that. Causes hella confusion and pointless arguments where people aren't talking about the same shyt and just going back and forth like 12 year olds. My two cents

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
I agree on the Common/Jay-Z album comparison, but I'll take Jay's best 3 over Common's best 3. Jay is still better than Common

Jigga has some weak ass releases for someone that's widley considered a GOAT rapper

Jay-Z

Reasonable Doubt 4.5/5, "Ain't No nikka" :gag:
In My Lifetime, Vol. 1 3.5/5
Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life 3/5
Vol. 3... Life and Times of S. Carter 2.5/5
The Dynasty: Roc La Familia 3.5/5
The Blueprint 3.5/5, most overrated rap album of all time. aged horribly. "Jigga That nikka", "All I Need", "Renegade" :comeon:
The Blueprint2: The Gift & The Curse 2/5, never witnessed an established artist so lost
The Black Album 3/5, aged badly as well
Kingdom Come 1/5 :laff: from the Prelude to Lost One was :ohhh:, Jigga had me thinking he was back
American Gangster 4.5/5, Wayne on "Hello Brooklyn" was :dry:
The Blueprint 3 never listened to it, but judging from the singles it's :trash:

Common

Can I Borrow a Dollar? 3.5/5
Resurrection 4.5/5
One Day It'll All Make Sense 3/5
Like Water for Chocolate 4.5/5
Electric Circus 0.5/5, :smh: at the single being the only song worthy hearing. How did he go from LWFC to this?!?
Be 4.5/5, "Go" & "Testify" were :ld:
Finding Forever 4/5, didn't deserve all the hate it got
Universal Mind Control never heard but I'm sure it was bad
The Dreamer/The Believer never listened to it

This is the ONLY way Common is top 5:
Name your top 5 Rappers of all time. But with a few caveats..

1.No 80's Rappers
2.No Jay or Nas
3.No dead Rappers(Big, Pac, etc)
4.No members of Wu-Tang, Moob Deep, or M.O.P*

http://www.the-coli.com/booth/1496-your-top-5-rappers-caveat.html#.T-iOAO1qLbY

Coach Gully

Much Respect
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey Management
:laugh: at typing all that all out thinking anyone gives a fukk about your top 5, 10 or whatever. What are you going to cry and get mad about a subjective opinion if anyone disagrees?

Something is wrong with you if your top 10 is the same as everyone else, man its summer and a good day outside stop it with this elitist bullshyt like it matters.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
:laugh: at typing all that all out thinking anyone gives a fukk about your top 5, 10 or whatever. What are you going to cry is someone disagrees?

Something is wrong with you if your top 10 is the same as everyone else, man its summer and a good day outside stop it with this elitist bullshyt like it matters.
Where in here did you see me list my top 5,10, or whatever?

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Man, this is what pisses me off: everyone has different criteria for what makes a "great rapper" and no one wants to be precise about what they're ranking. Are we talking discographies/catalogue? Are we talking straight up rap skills? Are we talking versatility? And if we're taking everything into account as like a total package, how do you measure one thing against another. How does a rapper with a great catalogue and good skills on the mike rank up against a dude with an inconsistent catalogue but elite skills?
I mean, dudes always just want to say GOAT/top 5 or whatever but never really break down what they mean by that. Causes hella confusion and pointless arguments where people aren't talking about the same shyt and just going back and forth like 12 year olds. My two cents
Discography was the basis for this thread.

Corndog

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
^^ Yeah I get that but it's misleading to just say GOAT/top 10, etc.. and then start talking discogs as if thats the only thing that makes a great rapper. Now you got dudes in here talking Big's pen game etc.. and everyone's arguing over opinions based on different criteria. Makes it hard to have a conversation. That's all I'm saying

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Like I said in a earlier post, there isn't a point of discussing the rhyme scheme, lyrics, flow, etc instead of the discography and the album when the album is a culmination of all of that any way. If I can write the dopest lines down on paper, but it sounds garbage when I spit it, and my album is garbage then why does it matter that I have the most insane lyrics and the most compact rhyme scheme? On paper a lot of dudes sound terrible, but in reality make dope music. On paper a lot of dudes sound incredible, but make garbage albums

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
My first thread(I think) I don't even agree with this now :heh:

BAMBINO

100% pure uncut fukkery
Daps
Reppin
CHI-Town
Black Thought/Scarface in.

Q-tip/Common out.

I don't have Jay-Z in my top 10. :scusthov: