Azelia Banks Calls Soul Singers And White Rappers "Corny"

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
During an interview with Pitchfork recently, Azealia says that she’s learned some “tact,” but she definitely had a few words to says about the music industry and its embracing white singers/rappers who, according to Azealia, exploit black culture for profit.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/azealia...iating-black-culture-is-corny-news.12843.html

She said:

It’ll be like, “For a couple of years, we’re gonna f-ck with blue-eyed soul, and here’s Duffy, here’s Adele”—who’s great—but now we’ve got a thousand white girls singing blue-eyed soul. It’s so regurgitated and corny. You have it in everything. You have it in indie rock. You’ll have Interpol, and then the National, and it’s just like, “Really, dude? Really?”

Or it’ll be like, “We’re gonna pop off the white-girl rapper,” so we’ll have Gwen Stefani and Fergie, and then it’ll get worse and worse and worse. And you’re just like, “What the f–k is this?” The whole trend of white girls appropriating black culture was so corny—it was more corny than it was offensive. Trust me, I’m not offended: All the things I’m trying to run away from in my black American experience are all the things that they’re celebrating. So if they f–kin’ want them, have them; if they want to be considered oversexualized and ignorant every time they open their f–king mouth, then f–king take it. But more than that, the art is not good. These songs are not good. It’s like, “Oh my God, you’re doing this black woman impression, is that what the f–k you think of me, b—h? I need to meet the black woman that you’re imitating because I’ve never met any black woman who acts that bizarre.” It’s crazy that this becomes mainstream culture. All of America is celebrating s–t like that. It’s so weird.

Azealia-Banks-Luxury.jpg

:pachaha:

Last edited:

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Can't tell me she's not a coli poster. She's saying the stuff people having been saying for years. How much worse can they do her? She can say whatever she wants now.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
she should be in TheColi hall of fame.
she sounds like a lot of people on here.

coli poster shyts on whites, jews, fakkits and loves pawgs
she shyts on whites, jews, fakkits and loves old white men with money.

as a skinny Italian blooded cad, i agree..only a select few get a pass.
a homo erotic, blonde hair dying, transexual white trash rapper isn't one of them.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do her and Iggy have the same name? That cant be coincidence.

CoCKy GeNiuS

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why did she become hated and stoned again ?

why did Iggy straight jack her name ?

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
This ho got a point

I was saying this same shyt to my white homeboy who was gassing up this Bruno Mars shyt

This whole cacs redoing black music and culture and getting more praise, money and accolade for it then we did is corny as fukk.

White homey trying to tell me this track could go on a Morris Day album.....these cacs really think they can just redo our shyt/imitate and its all gravy

But let us try to redo the Beatles or somthing and watch how it gets shytted on

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
The whole trend of white girls appropriating black culture was so corny—it was more corny than it was offensive. Trust me, I’m not offended: All the things I’m trying to run away from in my black American experience are all the things that they’re celebrating. So if they f–kin’ want them, have them; if they want to be considered oversexualized and ignorant every time they open their f–king mouth, then f–king take it. But more than that, the art is not good. These songs are not good. It’s like, “Oh my God, you’re doing this black woman impression, is that what the f–k you think of me, b—h? I need to meet the black woman that you’re imitating because I’ve never met any black woman who acts that bizarre.” It’s crazy that this becomes mainstream culture. All of America is celebrating s–t like that. It’s so weird.

:ohhh::whoo::ohlawd::wow:

She trying to get my $12.99 brehs :mjcry: