B.G.’S LYRICS WILL BE ‘MONITORED’ BY PROBATION OFFICER IF GOVERNMENT REQUEST IS GRANTED

LevelUp

Don't Like My Threads, Blow The Whistle
Daps

B.G.‘s lyrics are set to be monitored by his probation officer if a government request to do so is accepted.

The former Hot Boys rapper was released from prison late last year following a conviction in 2012 for firearms possession and obstruction of justice

The U.S. government has now accused B.G. (real name Christopher Dorsey) of glorifying a life of crime in the songs he has released since getting out, which they say is a violation of his probation terms.

According to court documents viewed by HipHopDX, authorities have petitioned to modify the New Orleans native’s release conditions, which could lead to him submitting all of his lyrics for approval before release

. Dorsey appears to be travelling down the same road that landed him in prison in the first place,” the motion reads. “While the Government commends him for his entrepreneurial abilities to get back into the music industry, it has significant concerns as to how this will affect his rehabilitation as he re-enters society, which is the main reason for the period of supervised release.

“It appears that Mr. Dorsey is getting back into the same lifestyle that led to his long period of incarceration, as evidenced by his recently released song/video ‘Same Gangsta’ and several others that are similar in nature.”

It adds: “As this Court is aware, Mr. Dorsey is a talented rap artist and has been since the age of thirteen. Unfortunately, Mr. Dorsey has used his talents to glorify the violent, lawless, ‘gangsta’ lifestyle and those, including some of his associates, who participate in it.

B.G. has also landed himself in hot water for performing a concert with Boosie Badazz without prior approval and collaborating with Gucci Mane, a convicted felon.

The government singled out the rapper’s association with Telly Hankton and Walter Porter, a.k.a. “Mooney,” who were hit with RICO charges and convicted of murder and drug dealing in New Orleans

The petition also specified certain tracks made by B.G. since his release including “Say My Grace,” “Shake Yo Dreads” and “Waaaahhhh! The Comeback Kid” as glorifying murder and criminal behavior.

The government list several lyrics from the songs including one where B.G. raps: “I am fresh up out of the feds, play with me you dead.”

While the government are seeking to monitor B.G.’s lyrics, they don’t believe he should return to prison.

B.G. and his legal representatives have not yet responded to the request.

I ran into a hiccup with my little situation,” he said on Instagram Live, referencing his recent probation violation. “I’ma get past it. I need y’all to know that I definitely didn’t jump out there and do nothing that I ain’t have permission to do. It was just a lapse in communication.”

He added: “We got this tour coming up, this reunion tour. It’s definitely on the way. [Mannie] Fresh, Suga Slim and Weezy.”

Corndog

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Monitoring and approval of his art is excessive especially when he wasn't convicted of a violent crime.

Louisiana is different.

I'm just saying you should never be surprised or shocked to see what the "justice" system will do to keep people inside. Maybe LA is more blatant or will take more dramatic steps, but the whole system is set up to fill prisons and keep them filled. Free labor is the cheat code, the US economy as a whole never really moved on from slavery

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
He better stop with that kill a rat stop snitching shyt and talk some motivational shyt lol

They dead ass took away this man's freedom of speech in broad day.

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
This says a couple of things about BG as an artist:

1). He gotta talk about different shyt

Or

2). Talk about street life in the past tense like he is trying to actively tell the youth to avoid it.

Either way this is HIS ART. I can't believe you can be told how not to do YOUR ART. This is why Probation and Parole is a joke and easy to geaux back into the penal system. They don't want you out the prison at all.