Backspin: What did you take from "Scarface"?

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Money and power ruins people. As well...The drug/hustling road is a dead end.

Seriously though, I remember the first time I saw that scene when Tony killed Manolo...quite possibly the COLDEST thing I've ever seen played out in a movie.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
yeah he was always about just grabbing whatever he could and fukk everyone else, he just happened to end up in an environment that encouraged that sort of behavior

like he fights against castro and communism in the beginning not out of some political alliance but because he wants to be rich and on top

the movie just takes the idea of america as the land of opportunity and perverts it (or maybe takes it to its logical conclusion): tony wants the american dream and he doesn't want to wait for it, he wants it now

it sees america as this corrupt landscape but at the same time it doesn't really shy away from showing just how cool that corruption can be, i think it's just really honest about the appeal of that sort of lifestyle, it's all about the high, about the rush, about pushing it to the limit and tony's death is part of that appeal, in a way

it's a character who takes a shortcut to success, it's a fantasy to people
Very good analysis...

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Yeah, I agree totally.

It's like Tony became a kingpin in 2 weeks. It's an underdog story in a way, and people like that kind of story
so I guess they don't mind suspending their disbelief here.
Well it did take place in the early 80s and coke was relatively new in America by that time...it isn't that far of a stretch to assume he was making tall money in a short amount of time...

eerieBell

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da Magnolia
Good movie. Great soundtrack.

Tony was greedy but smart, cunning as well, and he knew what he wanted, until that very moment where he had to choose, his morality got him, he was a good man inside. It's unfair how the only good thing he did costed him everything.