Barbie Live Action Movie Thread for HUNKS and HOTTIES - 8 Oscar noms

Daps
They’ll be right in the seats watching the movie too.

LTczMzAuanBlZw.jpeg

7 tickets to the Barbie movie please

:birdman:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
In case there was any doubt the "Barbie" cast is having a blast behind the scenes, Mackey put it to rest when interviewed by Empire Magazine. "Right in the beginning, we had a sleepover for the Barbies, which would involve playing games with Scott [Evans] and Ncuti [Gatwa]," said Mackey. She then took a moment to highlight her table tennis skills, adding, "I don't play games usually, because I get so competitive and angry. But Scott and I were top of the [table tennis] game."

StraxStrax

Daps

Ryan Gosling was just as excited as large swaths of the internet were when he was introduced to what he would look like playing Ken in Warner Bros.’ upcoming “Barbie” film.

“Finally,” he told Variety’s Marc Malkin at the premiere of his new action film “The Gray Man.” “Finally, it’s happening. This has been coming my whole life.”

Gosling’s bare-chested beach blonde design, complete with spray tan and personalized underwear, made waves when it debuted online in June. The film, which is co-written and directed by Greta Gerwig, stars Gosling alongside Margot Robbie, who is portraying the flagship Mattel missie in the film.

Beyond Robbie and Gosling, the supporting cast includes a deep bench of talent, with America Ferrera, Simu Liu, Kate McKinnon, Alexandra Shipp, Emma Mackey, Kingsley Ben-Adir, Issa Rae and Michael Cera attached. Sharing the spotlight with so many big names, Gosling jokes that his mission for the project was a matter of on-screen representation.

“I felt like I was seeing myself. I felt seen. I think a lot of Kens will feel seen when they see this,” Gosling continued. “Gotta do it for the Kens. Nobody plays with the Kens.”

Gosling also took time to divulge his experience making “The Gray Man,” his new Netflix action film that sees the actor wrack up a high body count, leap from buildings and showdown with a mustachioed Chris Evans. Gosling shared that he loved playing a super spy who’s over it in the Russo brothers-directed production.

“It’s like he doesn’t even want to be in this movie. He just wants to be home watching Netflix like everyone else,” Gosling said. “He doesn’t want to be a spy and he has to be.”

On the matter of a potential sequel, Gosling stated that the film’s reception will determine plans moving forward, but that he wants to see his character exit the espionage game for good.

“I want to see him get home. I’d like to see how it ends for him,” Gosling said.

“The Gray Man” will begin a limited theatrical engagement on Friday, with a debut on Netflix following on July 22.

“Barbie” is set to hit theaters on July 21, 2023.

Born Rich

triple entendre, don't ask me how...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
W$GT$
dudes in here really defending movies made for young girls :skip:

ehh I think they’re just pointing out the flaw in that argument, breh…

saying a Barbie movie is box office poison is like saying a Transformers movie is box office poison. Both movies based on popular toys with international recognition :manny:

this not gon do a billi like Transformers but with a well-respected director and Robbie and Gosling’s star power, this movie bout to clean up at the box office…

StraxStrax

Daps

Ryan Gosling's Ken Has 'No Money, No Job, No Car, No House' In Barbie
Warner Bros. Pictures
BY JENNA BUSCH/JULY 14, 2022 4:08 PM EDT
Barbie's boyfriend Ken has a lot going on in his life. He has had over 40 professions, from doctor to babysitter, and seems to have a very busy social calendar. Ken looks like he's having a really great time from the outside, but I guess you never know what someone is dealing with.

In the new "Barbie" film, Ken is played by Ryan Gosling, and he's apparently having a rough patch. According to an interview Gosling did with ET (via Variety), all is not well, despite the cheery exterior, fun accessories, and fabulous hair. Gosling spoke to the site about his upcoming film "The Gray Man," which has him playing a former CIA agent who is now being hunted by an old colleague. That sounds like a rough gig, but Gosling thinks that Ken is having a more difficult time, saying, "That Ken life is even harder than the 'Gray Man' life, I think. Ken's got no money, he's got no job, he's got no car, he's got no house. He's going through some stuff."

While this may be true, he's certainly looking fabulous in his photo. It's all about his "Ken-ergy," as Gosling says in the interview. So, what's going on with poor Ken that has him in this dire situation?

Sadly, we don't know much about the film's story yet, and Gosling says he can't say much more because "Mattel will come in and box me up." Do you hear that, toy collectors? Ken wants to be free from that box!

Is being made of plastic not all that fantastic, Ken?
Warner Bros. Pictures
Gosling reveals very little but does give a hint that we shouldn't assume we know what's coming. He said of the plot, "It's not what you think it is, unless it is. And then you know what it is, but I don't think that's what you think it is. Wait, what are we talking about?"

There have been rumors, according to Variety, that the Greta Gerwig-directed film is a "fish-out-of-water" comedy, and that Ken and Barbie (Margot Robbie) are "lost in the real world." That's not a lot to go on, though we do know that there will be more than one Ken, with "Shang-Chi" star Simu Liu playing another version. Was there a multiverse broken open somewhere that spilled Ken(s), Barbie, and their friends into Earth-616? (Sorry, wrong franchise.) Have Ken and Barbie ended up here, just to have a toy line designed around them? This is 100% speculation on my part. I'm invested.

I've never been a big fan of the dolls, but I love Gerwig's sense of humor. Given that Margot Robbie, Ryan Gosling, America Ferrera, Issa Rae, Kingsley Ben-Adir, Michael Cera, Ncuti Gatwa (our new Doctor Who), Rhea Perlman, Emerald Fennell (who wrote and directed "Promising Young Woman"), Alexandra Shipp, Hari Nef, and Kate McKinnon have all signed on, I'm not worried about the tone. The photos alone have made me excited to see a film about a plastic doll with unrealistic proportions which, on its own, is a minor miracle.

"Barbie" will hit theaters on July 21, 2023.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
You know this is gonna make 500 millz easy, right?

nikkas be saying anything these days. Gosling is well-established and the film is an adaptation of one of the leading toy brands in the world. How is this box office poison?
You know how many movies made off toys and video games have bombed throughout the years?

The fact you dudes are riding so hard for a movie made for little girls is borderline disturbing :sitdown:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
You know how many movies made off toys and video games have bombed throughout the years?

The fact you dudes are riding so hard for a movie made for little girls is borderline disturbing :sitdown:
I ain’t riding for this movie, my guy. I’m just calling out a dumb post when I see one. Let’s move along now.