Bart Scott says it's 'disrespectful' to compare Troy Polamalu to Ed Reed

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
those you mentioned were after Troy & didn’t last as long as Troy did plus no rings either
4rJr.gif

Derekjackson2

Banned
Daps
Reed’s greatest abilities were intangibles like instinct & IQ. Brady & Belicheck talked constantly about how Reed baits them into the wrong read then knows exactly where the wrong throw was going.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Anyone feel Rodney Harrison is underrated?

The way we think about Dont'a Hightower making clutch playoff plays for the Patriots of this era, Rodney was that dude for NE from 2003-2008.

When he was out the defense wasn't the same e.g. late in Super Bowl XXXVIII or for the 2006 AFC championship game.

He had so many key plays in their back to back SB run. I truly believe had Rodney not picked Peyton on that first Colts drive the game would have come down to the wire or even have been won by Indy.

Rodney also had a key interception the week before against the Titans.

Also his pick six in Pittsburgh in the AFC championship the next year was a backbreaker. And then of course his two interceptions in Super Bowl XXXIX.

Go to 23:47 or so

The downside for Rodney is he was posterized by David Tyree :mjgrin: @BucciMane

1002353---cover-thumbnail-image.jpg

Rodney was that dude, but not on the level of these two

Antdrewjosh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
joshua1012
Y’all trippin

Aaron Rodgers and the Packers attacked Troy in that SB win. I’ve never seen any team go after Ed Reed like that in either the pass or run game.

Troy was hurt in that game. But played because it was the super bowl

Derekjackson2

Banned
Daps
Like who? The best strong safeties of the 2000’s were Dawkins $ Troy. Troy was more versatile than Dawkins or any SS of the 90’s. You are arguing just to argue