Becky Lynch on the women main eventing double standard

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I think much of the problem is booking rather than talent. Becky is more than capable of delivering very good matches but main events in WWE typically tend to be overbooked much of the time (even in NXT, as amazing as the Takeovers are, there's a LOT of shyt that happens in those matches).

We know that there are workers in NXT in the women's division that have the potential to far exceed the current lot on the main roster - you look specifically at a woman like Io Shirai, who's legitimately one of the best in all of women's wrestling, and had arguably the best women's match in WWE last year vs Candice LeRae. Shayna Baszler is a great heel worker - maybe a tad one-dimensional but she should be easy to book. Rhea Ripley and Toni Storm collectively are everything WWE looks for in a star for their division - Good looking blonde women who can work, Ripley obviously with the more unique look. Bianca Belair is a star waiting to happen. There's more I haven't even got to. The division is stacked. So talent isn't an issue anywhere in the WWE IMO as far as the women are concerned.

If those underwhelming main events that Becky/Charlotte were in were booked by whoever it is that books NXT's main events, I doubt they would have had the same problems.
You're basically saying that it's not her fault that her main event matches sucked, but we're saying that she gets exposed when she has to lead. Becky is not a great wrestler and wrestles a ground based style to cover up for it. All of her great matches had one thing in common, and that is she was in the ring with someone better than her.

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
You're basically saying that it's not her fault that her main event matches sucked, but we're saying that she gets exposed when she has to lead. Becky is not a great wrestler and wrestles a ground based style to cover up for it. All of her great matches had one thing in common, and that is she was in the ring with someone better than her.
Could be the case, and I do think Becky's lack of pure athleticism holds her back, but I wouldn't go as far as to say she isn't good.

TinFoilSnapBack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Becky needs to chill. She's the worst of the 4 horsewomen, and she got over because Nia busted her nose. With that being said, I agree that the women do get a little more scrutiny.