Bee Propolis - Get On It

Daps
Reppin
Queens/NYC
There is a thread on Bee Pollen but I feel Propolis needs it's own one as it's equally or even more important. Personally I don't react as well to the Pollen as I do the Propolis. So just because you can't take one doesn't mean you can't benefit from the other.

We need bees for a lot of the products we consume. Bees are responsible for helping to pollenate and transport seeds for many of the essential crops and flowers that eventually are consumed and run up the food chain. Bee keepers remain profitable by selling products that bees naturally make such as the pollen itself that bees sometimes ingest for nutrition, of course everyone's favorite: honey, propolis and lastly royal jelly which some of you may be familiar with.

All of these have profound health properties for humans that are not allergic to bee created substances. As I mentioned above, some people have better results with royal jelly vs bee pollen vs propolis. Pick any 1 of the 3 as there are more benefits than drawbacks for any of them. With the global warming many bee habitats have been disturbed which is leading to problems with the availability of certain crops. But when you purchase bee products from a reputable provider such as "Y.S. Farms" (Discolosure: My Black ass is not being paid by them) you are helping contribute to their survival which in turn they continue working their magic so we can keep common food staples on our dinner tables throughout the year.

Propolis is an amazing resin, a substance that has antiviral, antibiotic and anti fungal properties all in one. If you have strep throat, ecoli poisoning or thrush, propolis will wipe it out in no more than a week, and two at the most with almost NO SIDE EFFECTS if you are not allergic to bee products. There are 3 forms, extract with honey, capsules and extract tincture from alcohol (no you can't get drunk off it). The best form in my opinion is the extract with honey version which I have used to alleviate:

- Hangovers (including prevention of them)
- Cold/Flu
- General fatigue due to sharp weather changes
- Healthy bowel activity (not too much, not too little) and lower levels of flatulence
- Low appetite

Specifically, when in the hospital you will want to consume this as long as there are no medication interactions after checking with the supervising nurse assigned to you. The reason why is because it has a strong killing effect on:
  • MRSA (methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus)
  • MSSA (methicillin sensitive Staphylococcus aureus)
  • VRE (vancomycin-resistant enterococci)
  • Helicobacter Pylori (which can cause stomach ulcers)

Many of these are obtained while or shortly after in the hospital and can take months to overcome in immunocompromised peoples. But most people who've taken propolis say they feel better in just one week or less sometimes depending on the baseline level of health.

If you aren't impressed yet, well there's more:

Dr. Seema Patel of the Bioinformatics and Medical Informatics Research Center, San Diego State University conducted a comprehensive review of the literature on propolis and cancer. Dr. Patel found laboratory and animal studies supporting propolis efficacy against cancers of the:

• Brain
  • Pancreas
  • Head and neck
  • Kidney and bladder
  • Skin
  • Prostate
  • Breast
  • Colon
  • Liver
  • Blood
Propolis contains as many as 300 active compounds. These components were found to fight cancer in a variety of ways including:

• Preventing the growth of new blood vessels to feed cancer cells (anti-angiogenesis)
  • Preventing the spread or metastasis of cancer from one organ to another
  • Halting cancer cell division
  • Inducing apoptosis or programmed cell death
In addition, propolis was found to mitigate the side effects or toxicity of chemotherapy drugs used in the treatment of cancer.

Daps
Reppin
Queens/NYC
I posted it because I woke up feeling like shyt today. I drank way too much yesterday even though it was spread out over like 5 hours.

Had at least 10 servings of hard alcohol but after taking some of this stuff in the morning I only feel like I had 4-5. Truly a miracle supplement everyone needs to have in their collection.