Ben’s Chili Bowl Survived Riots And Recessions, But Might Not Make It Through The Pandemic

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
Since everyone is talking about how bad the food is over there I’m actually mad that Kith/Kin a restaurant/bar I recommended on here in Dc is closing also smfh. Very good food and drinks. Owner is from NYC also.

Reading him cry about his business closing was depressing. Funny enough his workers looked happy as hell to work there when I was there 2 months ago.
Is that the spot on the waterfront that serves naija food. It was pretty good. Just slow service, and a bit overpriced. But I get it, it's the waterfront and money lives in that area and that fancy hotel is there.

I know that rent is hitting. And no Anthem concerts ,which brings traffic, for a lil while prolly will do him in

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Is that the spot on the waterfront that serves naija food. It was pretty good. Just slow service, and a bit overpriced. But I get it, it's the waterfront and money lives in that area and that fancy hotel is there.

I know that rent is hitting. And no Anthem concerts ,which brings traffic, for a lil while prolly will do him in

Not sure if it’s Nigerian but they do def serve Caribbean food and yes overpriced. Had the best drinks I tried there and at drink 5 I was already at $100

:francis:

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
Yea Hyattsville is where I know most of my people even tho I don’t keep in touch no more but my best friend sister lives in Bowie.

Heavy carribean and African population in Hyattsville

They've been open that long and have no emergency funds?

Never liked the food and slow azz service. Nothing last forever.

Yeah seems like poor planning on there part...
They opened a bar/restaurant next door the service was bad and drinks where expensive...just seemed like poor investment for unspectacular place with all that competition around....

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
The expansion is probably going to sink them.

They’re enough of a landmark that someone could swoop in and save them with a big donation tho. Or they could do a successful crowd sourcing campaign.

They should observe whatever the owner of Horace and dikkies did and do the opposite.
Yeah I'm gonna say a hard truth, It's the most Okayest hood restaurant. I never was a big Hot Dog eater but it was like other Okay hood joints that got famous because they didn't become chinese joints Like the Florida Ave Grill and the aforementioned Horace and dikkey's.

That being said they probably should've stood firm and weathered the shea butter babble about the Bill picture, He put them on the map, I'm sure if they left the mural alone Bill would come though with his pocket change to save the franchise or at least the main location.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
They've been open that long and have no emergency funds?

Never liked the food and slow azz service. Nothing last forever.
They blew it on clout chasing based on their name. They thought that everybody was gonna get those half smokes. They didn't understand that U street is different than even "southeast" and that's a world away from PG county.