Bernie Sanders’ Campaign Adds Young Black Woman As New Public Face

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
enhanced-mid-10365-1439094199-5.png

After meeting with Bernie Sanders about criminal justice and Black Lives Matter, Bernie Sanders has hired Symone Sanders as national press secretary. Meanwhile: more protests in Seattle.

posted on Aug. 9, 2015, at 12:27 a.m.
SEATTLE — Hours after Black Lives Matter protesters shut down a Bernie Sanders rally here, the Vermont senator’s populist Democratic presidential campaign once again attempted to cast Sanders as the candidate of a modern civil rights movement.

Before a crowd of more than 12,000 at the Alaska Airlines Arena on the campus of the University Of Washington, a new public face for the Sanders campaign appeared. Symone Sanders, a volunteer organizer with the D.C.-based Coalition for Juvenile Justice, was announced as the new national press secretary of Sanders’ campaign and was tasked with introducing the 73-year-old senator.

Symone Sanders is a young, black criminal justice advocate and supporter of the Black Lives Matter movement. She’s also a progressive political activist right out of the Sanders mold: Her last job was at Ralph Nader’s Public Citizen. In an interview, Symone Sanders said she first connected with the senator about three weeks ago, offering him advice on how to better understand the message of Black Lives Matter activists in an hourlong chat.

Bernie Sanders took to the advice, Symone Sanders said. She also confronted him with one of the criticisms he faced earlier in the summer, when Black Lives Matter activists rejected his statements about his past civil rights movement work.

“Educating America, the community, letting people know who Bernie Sanders is and what he’s about,” she said, “and not just, ‘Oh, I fought for civil rights and I protested and I sat at the lunch counters.’ That’s important and that’s great but that was 50 years ago and he has a lot more to stand on than just what he did 50 years ago.”

Black excellence at it's finest:salute:

Oh yeah definite smash you see that ass:whoo::noah:

Anybody says otherwise is playing for the wrong team:martin:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...tiZ-QckgVpoHv91Wg&sig2=vW51bDYwsM16XrbQB27A2w