MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps
Now you have to wonder if someone gets 28,000 people at *1* rally, how many supporters are donating across the country? And if the average is 40 dollars...per person? What do you think that quarterly number is going to be? That aint good look if you are spending $ on nonsense expenditures as other campaigns are doing. :umad:

Feeling the Bern......... :banderas:

A Bernie Sanders Shocker Is Coming

In two appearances in recent days, in Washington State and Oregon, Bernie Sanders Drew massive crowds of supporters that were larger—for these two speeches alone—-than the combined crowds of every Republican and Democrat running for president added together over the entire weekend. First, on Saturday night, a spectacular crowd of 15,000 people turned out for a Sanders rally at the Alaska Airlines Arena in Seattle. And then, on Sunday, Sanders roused a humongous crowd at the Moda Center in Portland, estimated in The Oregonian to be 28,000.

For serious analysts of politics the summer belongs to Sanders—and no other candidate can come even close to the size of his crowds or the clarity, passion and idealism of his message. The Republican campaign has become a reality television show while the Sanders campaign offers the reality of a surging movement of progressive politics, progressive organization and progressive inspiration that is transforming American politics under the radar of the national political media.

Remember where you heard it first: When the next quarterly campaign finance reports are released in October the political world will be shocked by the breathtaking increase in small donor money to the Sanders campaign.

If the major media and political worlds were surprised by the summer surge in support for Sanders, the increasingly huge crowds for his campaign appearances and his impressive small donor numbers in the past, they will be shocked and stunned by the humongous surge in small donors to Sanders that will be announced for the current quarter.

Everything happens for a reason, and the reason for the Sanders crowds and small donor surge is this: The coming political revolution that is caused by the explosion of social media combined with the waves of progressive grassroots enthusiasm and action that is widely ignored and disrespected by old-style political pundits opining on old-style broadcast media but is exploding throughout the social media world that is powerfully underestimated by those who meet the press and face the nation.

This is why I was one of the first to predict that Mr. Sanders has a very strong chance of achieving an outright victory in the Iowa Democratic caucus. Look at the Sanders Facebook page; count the crowds tomorrow from events promoted on his Facebook page today; watch the huge small donor surge that will stun the political world in October; and imagine the turnout in Iowa and other caucus states when the Sanders Facebook page posts the addresses of the caucus meetings and how, when Sanders builds it, they will come.

Fox News may be the Babe Ruth of cable television politics, but is a small potatoes minor leaguer compared to the progressive equivalent of the invasion of Normandy by the young people and liberals and progressives and idealists who are storming the beaches of American politics like tens of millions of little liberal Koch brothers who want to take America back from corruptions of big money and the stench of politics as usual and the arrogance and insiderism of political oligarchs and their mouthpieces and hired help.

The gigantic rise in crowds is a Bernie Sanders shocker that remains unnoticed by the bastions of old media and old politics, but the probable humongous surge in Bernie Sanders small donors that will be revealed in October could be a Mt. Vesuvius earthquake event that will make today’s political media freak show coverage a distant memory.

:whoo: Anyone want to take a guess what that quarter number going to be?

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
No idea on the number..but the premise being that flood of turnout= huge donations isn't a given. It notes all the young people etc turning out but I have my doubts that even 50% of those people actually donate.

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps
No idea on the number..but the premise being that flood of turnout= huge donations isn't a given. It notes all the young people etc turning out but I have my doubts that even 50% of those people actually donate.

I think we will all be surprised at the numbers. I know the Sanders campaign is aware about the percentage that donate, every campaign likely is by now. But I think the number is going to make people really eat some crow. Take that crow...take that... :takedat:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I have donated to Bernie a couple times since he announced but I have also been to local Bernie meet-ups where people figure that having Bernie meet-ups in their house is good enough and haven't given one dime. I am going to be curious to see how much he brings in because his refusal to take that big donor cash has always been the primary reason why I figure he has a slim chance of actually winning the Dem primary. Money beat ideals every time in US Presidential elections sadly.

drhook94

Banned
Daps
Someone needs to make a political cartoon of King Bern sitting on a throne of nickels and dimes, with a crown made of one dollar bills encrusted with GOP tears, with an iphone in his right hand, and his left hand holding the shocker up high.

I wish he would come to Arkansas so I could hear him speak. He'd get my money.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
money wont be much of an issue for bernie since he is going to benefit from hillary's negatives. no amount of spending by hillary will move the vast number of voters who distrust her

he has to focus on being a strong candidate. that means continuing to draw large crowds nationwide, handling these BLM disruptors perfectly, and winning the first debate with authentic economic populism

money is a huge deal to the martin omalley type candidates. these guys must buy some name recognition.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
I think that as most of the people who turn out are young hipsters they're donating. I suspect it'll be a big ass number.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I think that as most of the people who turn out are young hipsters they're donating. I suspect it'll be a big ass number.

Certainly possible. I dont know what to expect...Im sure the campaign took in a good bit of dough at each given event but Im nevertheless intrigued to see exactly what gets filed. Ya know..like is it an average of $5 per person, $20, $40 etc.