Best backup quarterbacks in NFL history.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Then name your five that is a much better list.

First of all, my apologies, I didn't mean to be so harsh. :russ:

But anyway, I'd have to say Frank Reich has to be on the list for sure.

Steve Young comes to mind, and I'm only referring to his role as a backup, not as eventual starter. In his backup role, he was very effective.

Does Jeff Hostetler count? He actually made the Giants better and won a SB before getting a starting gig elsewhere. But he led his team through the playoffs as the backup.

I won't count Brady because he didn't really do shyt in 2001 and besides, he took over the starting position by playoffs because Bledsoe was back, just relegated to the bench. So moving along...

shyt IDK lol. All I know is Frank Reich has to be on the list for it to have any validity. And he was a true backup, not just for a year or a game.

Flutie is cool but I don't really view him as a backup. When he came back from Canada he took the starting role from Rob Johnson in Buffalo and did great things. But I don't have too many memories of him making a difference as a backup QB.

Maybe Tom Tupa deserves to be mentioned because he doubled as a punter.

*Hulks Up*

got that new coli smell
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The D (where it's so cold)
Matt Cassel - backed up brady da gawd for a few years, came in in 08 and went 10-6.

Matt Cassel might be the GOAT back up HANDS DOWN. He was a back up at USC behind both Carson Palmer and Matt Lienart and somehow still made it to the league as a back up. Dude was born to back up great quarterbacks.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Matt Cassel might be the GOAT back up HANDS DOWN. He was a back up at USC behind both Carson Palmer and Matt Lienart and somehow still made it to the league as a back up. Dude was born to back up great quarterbacks.

But does backing up great QBs mean that you're a great backup?

08 was a good year but that's his only body of work.

Cunningham was a backup in 98 and Warner was a backup in 99. :huhldup: