Best DJ of All Time?

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
This Kid Capri/Funk Flex :flabbynsick: "beef" has me thinking who the GOAT DJ is :jbhmm:

I got into hip-hop as a b-boy in the early 2000s and there used to be 4 elements. Graffiti was dying and about to turn into "street art", breakdancing was on its way out, but scratching was still going on. So maybe some older heads can tell me who's on the Mount Rushmore of Deejaying.

Grandmaster Flash? Marley Marl? Red Alert? Mr. Magic? Dr. Dre? Funk and Capri? Pete Rock and DJ Premier had ill scratches :obama: Q-Bert with his futuristic shyt. DJ Swamp's '96 DMC set is my personal favorite. Even Madlib and Cut Chemist on the West Coast.

Who was illest on the 1s and 2s?

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
J Rocc might be my favorite :wow:

Do you know how amazing you have to be for Dilla and Madlib to choose you as their DJ? Peep how he flipped the sample to Players, even had Madlib and Dilla like "What's that? :ohhh: Oh that's that shyt :ohlawd:"

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
depends on the "type" of DJ.

Best live party DJ is Jazzy Jeff....no one can rock crowd like he does (to me)
Best "technical" or "creative" Dj has to be Q-Bert, but dudes like Mixmaster Mike, Babu, Roc Raida, Craze, A-Trak etc. all came with some dope shyt. in fact all the ISPs/X-men and them were dope.
Best mixtape DJ is tough as well, cuz you got dope mixing/technical DJs like Revolution, but then you also had dudes that had the newest dopest tracks like Clue, Envy, Drama, Tony Touch,etc.
But you can't leave this list without paying homage to the OG's like Grandmaster Flash, Grand wizard theodore and Kool Here.