Best Rapper Alive - 1985 (IF YOUR MVP CHOICE ISN'T ON POLL, MAKE A REQUEST IN THREAD)

Who is the MVP of 1985?

• Prince Markie Dee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kool Rock Ski

• Kurtis Blow

• Kangol

• EMD

• Dr. Ice

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
85 is a year where we could consider not having the album requirement...albums weren't full on standard back then
@Inspect Her Deck

the whole reason I picked from 1985 (could go back to 84 if you want) was the introduction of albums

but since I changed the rule to projects as long as there is a project made (not just a song), then I'm open to adding the suggestion

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
I'm actually in a really great mood today:lolbron:

Thanks for looking out breh:myman:

I didn't even know about this
:dwillhuh:

good to know you're doing better now though
6941504-Portrait-of-happy-senior-man-looking-at-camera-showing-thumb-up-laughing-isolated-on-white--Stock-Photo.jpg

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
the whole reason I picked from 1985 (could go back to 84 if you want) was the introduction of albums

but since I changed the rule to projects as long as there is a project made (not just a song), then I'm open to adding the suggestion
So would a 12 inch with two songs count as a project?
I feel like if we do that now it throws all the other years already done in the bushes.

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
So would a 12 inch with two songs count as a project?
I feel like if we do that now it throws all the other years already done in the bushes.

well then you answered your own question

I'd say no

let's stick with the EP, mixtape, LP formula

the idea of mixtapes of course was to cater to newer hip-hop artists who released mixtapes more often than albums

and EP is like a half-album and is just on the fringe of what is acceptable in terms of work output

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
One of the most underrated rappers ever imo...easy choice is LL, but I think Run is a better MC
I never heard their second album...but I heard the first and third...and wasn't that impressed with either Run or D on the mic :yeshrug:
Their 80s run was before my time though. I remember building with an old head in like 2001 and he was shytting on them something viscous talking about they were simplistic and wack even for the time period.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

The boy king all day,....

If not for him, all of rap would be rapping like melle mel.
He created the contrast needed for rap to get its legs to walk into the new school way of thought.
Although LL is wrongly criticized as a new school way of thought artist.
When he is the only real ol school artist to successfully draw in the new school way of thought.

Art Barr

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
well then you answered your own question

I'd say no

let's stick with the EP, mixtape, LP formula

the idea of mixtapes of course was to cater to newer hip-hop artists who released mixtapes more often than albums

and EP is like a half-album and is just on the fringe of what is acceptable in terms of work output
I agree.