Best Rapper Alive - 1991 (IF YOUR MVP CHOICE ISN'T ON POLL, MAKE A REQUEST IN THREAD)

Who is the MVP of 1991?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
me and mobbinfms were pondering over who was better in 1991 out of the Tribe members or at least whether Phife should also make this poll. What's your take?

Phife would be a good option, he actually has my favorite verse on Low End (Show Business)

I think that Phife had the more memorable performance as well, but that is just a result of the individual styles of Tip and Phife, cause Tip was definitely the better rapper

And I wouldn't be mad at someone voting for Busta just off the strength of that Scenario verse lol

As far as your other post, Low End wasn't the sole factor for me voting for Tip, although it was a large part

These two are from 91 too

One of my personal favorite Tip verses

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
me and mobbinfms were pondering over who was better in 1991 out of the Tribe members or at least whether Phife should also make this poll. What's your take?
Phife was getting his just due in 91
iAOvT15.jpg

low-end.jpg

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Low End is my favorite album that came out in 91 so that why I voted for him. I admiditly haven't gone through Scarface's entire discography yet. One these day I will.

that experience when you do accomplish it is
:blessed:

but fair enough

I think a lot of people have chosen Tip for that reason

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
After '88. 91 is maybe the greatest year of all time for hip-hop, the sheer volume of classic albums could choke an entire stable of horses.

Ice Cube get's the nod, Death Certificate was another landmark album and Boyz in the Hood was a game changer.

Q-Tip is #2 because of the influence of Low End Theory.

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
After '88. 91 is maybe the greatest year of all time for hip-hop, the sheer volume of classic albums could choke an entire stable of horses.

Ice Cube get's the nod, Death Certificate was another landmark album and Boyz in the Hood was a game changer.

Q-Tip is #2 because of the influence of Low End Theory.

So aren't one of those who thinks the prime years of hip-hop is between 1994-1996? Interesting.

Yeah forgot Boyz in the Hood actually. Cube had quite a year above and beyond his album.