Best Rapper Alive - 1996 (IF YOUR MVP CHOICE ISN'T ON POLL, MAKE A REQUEST IN THREAD)

Who is the MVP of 1996?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
They're all winners. :troll:

Because no one mentioned him yet, I'm going with Nas. It Was Written may have come off as pop-sounding at the time, but if it's possible, Nas actually expanded on his lyricism and brought a tighter flow/delivery. He murdered every track on that album.

The first verse of "The Message" for how he's able to tell a simple story in a beautiful way :wow:

"If I Ruled the World" for being socially conscious, lyrical, and radio-friendly at the same time :wow:

"Take It in Blood" for just being a classic freestyle :wow:

"I Gave You Power" for not only rapping from the perspective of a gun in a way nobody's ever seen before, but even inspiring Pac :wow:

Singlehandedly saving the hot mess that could have been "Nas is Coming" with three dope verses :wow:

Spazzing out on "Live nikka Rap," even forcing Mobb Deep to give him the song so they don't get murdered on they own shyt :wow:

His, um......attempt to reach out to the sisters on "Black Girl Lost" :troll:

Nas could have fallen off here, but he blew the doors off in probably the most competitive year in rap history. It also says a lot about how much more seriously hip hop was taken at the time that Nas was actually accused of selling out. But still, I'm going with Escobar here.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
They never realized, how real Nas, is so decisive
It's just the likeness, of Isrealites mist, that made me write this
A slight twist, of lime rhyme, be chasin down your prime time
Food for thought or rather mind wine
The Don Juan, features the freak shyt, my thesis
on how we creep quick, fukkin your wife that ain't so secret
It's mandatory - see that p*ssy, they hand it to me
I got no game, it's just some bytches understand my story
There ain't no drama that my nikkaz never handle for me
My gator brand is Maurry, walkin through rough land before me

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Ghost has a vote
:wow:

Ironman was supreme shyt

maybe his best album but often overshadowed by the greatness of Supreme Clientele

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
For my last vote in this series, I'm going to give it to Nasir Jones. Shoutout to @Inspect Her Deck for putting this all together. This has been fun.

So you shout me out and then you vote Nas?

ain't that a bytch
:troll:

haha thanks brother. This ain't the end. Only for the years voting. The weighting system will come into play and by next week or thereabouts we will have a top 10 results thread made.

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
can I have a write in of all of the above?

:russ:

vote for Redman

remember my initiative
92836492a633eb486036c6b0b755443a.png

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
This was a tough one, I voted a little differently than normal and went with Pac.

I really was considering Raekwon though, I thought his performances in 96 were better than in 95

From everything on Ironman to Nighttime Vultures, the Doe or Die remix :banderas:, the joint with Bounty Killa

Now I might have to come back in here and change my vote if Raekwon is allowed to be on the poll :ohlawd: