Best Theme Song Tourney Rd 1: D-Generation X "Break It Down" vs. Triple H "My Time" (CLOSED)

Which theme is doper?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I gotta go DX
I actually like the song irrespective of the faction :snoop: I know it's technically not great, but my spirit don't care. That shyt come on and I like it. I found myself rooting for them to win so it'd play longer at a point I'm embarassed to admit :yeshrug: This, Slow Chemical and You Look Fly Today were my of favorite AE themes for acts I ain't really like

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I also like to consider how songs sound AFTER the match ends. Like you hear the refs hand slap 3 on the mat, crowd erupts, the bell rings and the theme hits immediately.

I always felt HBK theme sounds better after the match.
Yeah, especially when the guitar solo kicks in while he's celebrating

The Rock's 99-01 theme was perfect for the very same reason:

When this part hit when he was raising his fist on the top turnbuckle after a hard fought victory, the crowd giving him an ovation...:wow:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
"My Time" is the GOAT wrestling theme song, I don't care what anyone says :birdman:

Yeah, the glass shattering is iconic, the "IF YOU SMELL" is legendary, but nothing else had me hype as a kid after hearing "One, two. Is this on?" followed by a quick bass thump:banderas:

Wrestlemania 2000 on the N64 got me hip to the original version, called "Higher Brain Pattern".

Version 1:

Version 3:

Armageddon 2000 was the very first WWF PPV that I watched on VHS as a little kid. And that's when I was introduced to the "Game Time" version of HHH's theme during the PPV's Hell in a Cell main event:

JR: "Is he the first opponent, or is he the first victim?"

Memories :wow:

There's also a version with lyrics from The Game, too:

He never used it though.

Last edited:

ObsidianDev

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OH

He never used it though.

Actually not too bad, haven't heard this one before :ehh:

If you listen close on "Game Time" (the instrumental version) during the main guitar swell in the middle, you can hear very faint lyrics in the background. Must be where they came from.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

He never used it though.

Actually not too bad, haven't heard this one before :ehh:

If you listen close on "Game Time" (the instrumental version) during the main guitar swell in the middle, you can hear very faint lyrics in the background. Must be where they came from.
Thats the My Time remix. This is the "The Game" remix