BET founder Robert Johnson calls for $14 trillion of reparations for slavery

CashmoneyHotBoy

M0DERAT0R™©
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment/Reparations For ADOS
About 370 thousand per person

Don’t really know if that’s good or bad. I’d prefer free access to schools, housing subsidies, free transportation, and money specifically set aside for black home ownership and business development... but good for him for speaking up :salute:

There should be a option for everybody qualified. If ppl just want straight cash they'll get straight cash. If ppl want the things you said you prefer they'll choose to get that. Everybody is in different stages of their lives. So we all should have the option to choose individually so there won't be no conflict. I'll take mine all cash payment

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I’m so relieved that some of us have not lost focus that this is the ultimate goal for ADOS. It’s still reparations or bust for me.
The ultimate goal is total equality. Police would still beat us in the streets with 300K in our bank account and Karens would still call the cops on us if we pay off all of our student loans. Reparations is simply a debt we are owed. Not a solution to all of our problems.

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The US would never have become a global economic and military power without slavery.
Whatever number people agree upon....that's fine. And then triple it because there needs to be punitive damages for the horrors of it all.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
There should be a option for everybody qualified. If ppl just want straight cash they'll get straight cash. If ppl want the things you said you prefer they'll choose to get that. Everybody is in different stages of their lives. So we all should have the option to choose individually so there won't be no conflict. I'll take mine all cash payment

wholeheartedly agree

I think it’s more feasible though to set up systems that don’t cause a cash strain on the government. If we are going to have demands (for something we are owed :snoop:) the more realistic, the better.

I forgot to mention student loan repayments/debt forgiveness, but the cash output of paying everyone nearly 400k (adding in to mixed race people and people who have a harder time tracing ancestry etc) vs subsidies (free college doesn’t “cost” anything really, it’s allowing someone to sit at a desk, same with free transportation, a housing subsidy against your taxes etc). I think with a plan based on access and opportunities instead of cash, we have a better chance of getting something done, instead of just the pipe dream of wanting it.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
It’s a start. But I don’t like the idea of money just being handed out so easily. I rather it be put into Real Estate, Schools, farms / agriculture, tech start ups, etc.

Then once those items above are accomplished, then receive money on top of that.