BET founder Robert Johnson calls for $14 trillion of reparations for slavery

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
It’s a start. But I don’t like the idea of money just being handed out so easily. I rather it be put into Real Estate, Schools, farms / agriculture, tech start ups, etc.
In addition baby bonds, financial literacy courses, taxless, the colleges provided for with 200k loan amount covered especially important for Blacks who want to continue to get professional degrees. Just giving cash just isn't enough for Black Americans of slave descent.

To me, there needs to be a million-dollar dream package and heavy laws against job discrimination and crime against Blacks because the white supremacists is mad.

Honestly, something like this plus the Freedman's Act would help Black Americans of slave descent.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I’ve said this before but I don’t think $14tn is enough if it’s just one off cheque to black people. There needs to be repealing of discriminatory laws around education and financing entrepreneurship. You might even need to kick out some white governors/mayors and create cities with dedicated black leadership.

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
THE FLOOR IS $20 TRILLION but I agree with his sentiments!

Whats the requirement on being ados ? Can't have these new nikkas trying to fineness a bag.
At least ONE parent with direct ties to the KILLING FIELDS of the American (or 48 states) South.
For example, my mom and grandmother are from Mississippi. My dad i a foreign flag Black. Since my maternal G-ma, Great-G-Ma, and etc had to ENDURE all that shyt and lose their opportunity AT WEALTH I am counted as FBA/ADOS. Nipsey would be counted as FBA/ADOS. Pretty simple. Cut and dry. :ld:

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The ultimate goal is total equality. Police would still beat us in the streets with 300K in our bank account and Karens would still call the cops on us if we pay off all of our student loans. Reparations is simply a debt we are owed. Not a solution to any of our problems.
I mainly agree with you. The only thing I disagree with is when you say reparations wouldn’t solve any of our problems. Depending on the amount or how it is done it would allow us to pass down wealth to the following generations. For examples owning a home with no mortgage payments is a big asset. Once the parents pass, that would allow one of the children to live in the house mortgage/rent free or sell it for a meaningful profit. Also Black people get discriminated against when it comes to business loans. Again depending how it is done it could allow for us to create Black businesses, leading to Black people hiring other Black people and creating a thorough Black economy. But I agree with your overall point. White supremacy is not going to end if we get reparations. If anything it would increase it. They would probably get even more violent than they already are. So other legislation besides reparations is extremely important as well.

Last edited:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
About 370 thousand per person

Don’t really know if that’s good or bad. I’d prefer free access to schools, housing subsidies, free transportation, and money specifically set aside for black home ownership and business development... but good for him for speaking up :salute:

People in extreme poverty need that money now.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
The ultimate goal is total equality. Police would still beat us in the streets with 300K in our bank account and Karens would still call the cops on us if we pay off all of our student loans. Reparations is simply a debt we are owed. Not a solution to any of our problems.

Reparations does not mean that we forego systemic reform across the board (i.e. judicial, educational, etc sectors). I never said or implied that.

But reparations does address our ability to navigate better in a society where poor people are easy prey. More money would allow for better schools, better housing conditions, increased black business & ownership, less stress on relationships & community building and the opportunity to build wealth that we were restricted of doing on a mass scale.