Beyoncé Just Became the First Black Woman Artist With a Number One Country Song

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I don't like country and its a really good song. the CMA awards need more diversity. A lot of country brehs could get a slice of that pie FR FR.

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Daps

Tina Knowles Defends Beyoncé's Country Music and Says Cowboys Don't Belong to 'White Culture Only'

"We have always celebrated Cowboy Culture growing up in Texas," Knowles wrote in an Instagram post on Saturday

beyonce-tina-knowles-021424-tout-8b3c8d3db7934f2dbe66dac05bc48168.jpg

"In an Instagram post on Saturday, Tina Knowles, 70, detailed how much "cowboy culture" belongs to the Black community and shared her support for the "Alien Superstar" artist's foray into country music following the release of "Texas Hold 'Em" and "16 Carriages" earlier this month.

Alongside a reshare of a compilation video of images of Beyoncé's previous magazine covers and photos of her in cowboy attire, she wrote on Instagram: "I just came across this video on my IG feed! We have always celebrated Cowboy Culture growing up in Texas. We also always understood that it was not just about it belonging to White culture only. In Texas there is a huge black cowboy culture. Why do you think that my kids have integrated it into their fashion and art since the beginning."

Knowles continued: "When people ask why is Beyonce wearing cowboy hats? It's really funny, I actually laugh because it's been there since she was a kid, we went to rodeos every year and my whole family dressed in western fashion. Solange did a whole brilliant Album and Project based on Black Cowboy Culture. It definitely was a part of our culture growing up."

Tina Knowles Defends Beyoncé's Country Music and Says Cowboys Don't Belong to 'White Culture Only'

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Let's be honest here. The song is absolute trash. In fact, I sometimes listen to country music and I can listen to 10 random songs in a row, and all 10 would be better than her yocal song. It's soooooooo boring with one of the boringest beats on earth.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
While I don’t like the song or think it’s “country” I hope she continues to style on these crackas, and I also hope it helps other black COUNTRY artists to break in and get the fame and love they deserve!

So if I gotta act like I like it, :manny:

Go Beyoncé, the best country artist out!!:lolbron::lolbron:

Daps
it sounds good

And you’re not going to find more black cowboys than in Texas

It’s authentic

If you don’t know it’s best not to comment
This.

Anyone with Texas roots, probably has a Black cowboy or two on their family tree. We know "country" IS NOT synonymous with "white" but most Americans believe what the Man taught them.

Not a Bey stan but if her fans love her country sound, more power to em.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/6
Azealia has quite a bit to say about Cowboy Carter lol

2/6
She wasn't done but some points were kinda made here lol

3/6
I did cause I was intrigued

4/6
I was with her on that!

5/6
the latter

6/6
I just put Tuesday under the tweet lmao
GJGlAm-XgAAbzKp.jpg

GJGlB3QWwAAR7Bx.jpg

GJGlCr4XQAAS7qG.jpg

GJGlDSKWcAAh8Fg.jpg

1/1
Azealia was spot on, add Taylor to the list
GJFqw8gWYAAMSak.jpg

GJGfCN5XgAAxyXj.jpg

GJHUv9xWkAACyIk.jpg

GJHUv9vXsAEo91D.jpg

GJHUv9yXoAAUvbl.jpg

1/7
Azealia Banks should genuinely write a book of cultural criticism. A short cute straight to paperback classic

2/7
Azealia Banks should genuinely write a book of cultural criticism. A short cute straight to paperback classic

3/7
She should call it Bank Notes

4/7
She rarely misses honestly, the more unhinged it is the more truth in it

5/7
Yes absolutely

6/7
Decimate the housing market in other people’s cities so you can live in your own preferred city. The British dream

7/7
I personally think the smart play if you want to live in London is to buy up a bunch of large property outside london, rent it out room by room & use the proceeds to cover all the mortgages + the place in London. x.com/rowkelz/status…