hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
That was before the streaming era, nowadays a high profile rap beef will have diss records chart high
If that was case Champagne Moments should've charted this year as well.
We're those relased as singles MEANT to show up on charts ? Was under the impression that is the big difference

Not that I think those would have gone to the top of the charts, just saying the way promo works is different. I see this as a win against that fukkboy but the historical part... less
Ether had enough airplay that had it maybe gotten a traditional push, it might've charted, same as Hit Em Up. Takeover was only one of those 3 that really was a true album cut.
This isn't fair at all. The same as Drake having bragging rights to have caught up to MJ in number 1's. Times are different. Them songs couldn't even be played the same way and wasn't released as singles.

Who said anything about fair?? I'm not shytting on those songs, I don't give a damn whether they charted or not. It changes nothing about their importance. Like not even a smidge. Just an observation.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
Drake’s whole persona lately has been about how he’s better because of number 1s and charts. Imagine being “1 away from Michael” and Kendrick tells you beat it.

:mjlol:

And he actually annoyed me with that. So ready and excited about tying with a Black American icon but shytting on him in that Family Matters joint.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
This is true but ironically "Ether" did chart off Airplay and hit #50 on the R&B and Hip Hop Charts. "Hit Em Up" was also the B-Side on the #1 Hot 100 Charting Maxi Single for "How Do You Want It". Canibus's "Second Round K.O." hit #28. Speaking of LL, Kool Moe Dee's LL Cool J Disses "How Ya Like Me Now" and "Let's Go" both made the R&B Charts in the 80's. So yes to your overall point, Diss Records are always hard to chart on the Hot 100 because that's mostly a Pop Chart and they either don't release it as a single or it's too vulgar for airplay. Also as people mentioned. "Hiss" did go #1 this year and that was technically a Diss record. But this year made Hip Hop History. There have been 6 Diss Records in the Top 10 just this year:

#1 Hiss
#1 Like That
#1 They Not Like Us
#3 Euphoria
#6 7 Minute Drill
#7 Family Matters

"Meet the Grahams" is scheduled to Debut at #12 just missing the Top 10. "Push Ups" has peaked at #17 thus far. What makes this so huge is K Dot did it on a short week basically by dropping the song late Saturday so the tracking didn't start until Sunday. The only problem is he stepped on "Euphoria" so it probably won't get a #1 but #3 is still good.
Is hiss a diss record or a song with some shots in it

Because there's plenty of songs that are #1 with shots to other artists in it

DJK

Pro
Daps
Predicted 'Not Like Us' would dethrone Taylor Swift at #1 in the other thread. It's gotta kill Aubrey bc he steady keeps track of his #1s

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bottom of the Lake
Just a month ago drake was feeling himself with the drop of pushups and thought it was wrapped

Then multi diss tracks later
Bodyguard getting shot

Drake over there in ICU wishing for this to blow over and hope he can latched onto some new act to come back on

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Just a month ago drake was feeling himself with the drop of pushups and thought it was wrapped

Then multi diss tracks later
Bodyguard getting shot

Drake over there in ICU wishing for this to blow over and hope he can latched onto some new act to come back on
Update: he dropped a song with HoeDB, and is still getting clowned.