Beyonce' Sued For Sampling Dead Social Media Star W/O Permission

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
- Beyonce' stole a line from--now dead--New Orleans rapper, and then sampled it in her song, "Formation," without permission.

- Estate of Anthony Barré (aka Messy Mya) is asking for more than 20 million in royalties.

- Barre' was murdered in 2010.

0:40 - 0:46

1:00

source: Beyonce Sued For Sampling Messy Mya Vocals on 'Formation'

BeyFraudce' up to her old tricks...

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
Messy mya would've let queen bey use his or her?) voice for free
I don't know. But I DO know that this isn't the first time Bey has been caught stealing from other artists. I'm sure she felt entitled to that snippet assuming that he'd (its a dude) be okay with her using it. She's made a lot of money off of that sound bite, so hopefully his family gets whatever the courts feel they're entitled to.

josuke

Banned
Daps
sampling isn't stealing <-- jus sampled this without permission of the poster itt

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
This is just talking.....no instruments or clearly distinct sounds other then the words.......did she credit the person on the song? If so they have a case....if she didnt...then the lawyer could argue that could be anyone....I mean Beyonce got deep pockets she could afford to spend 1 mil to save 20. But she will probably settle out for a couple hundred thou......

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
This is just talking.....no instruments or clearly distinct sounds other then the words.......did she credit the person on the song? If so they have a case....if she didnt...then the lawyer could argue that could be anyone....I mean Beyonce got deep pockets she could afford to spend 1 mil to save 20. But she will probably settle out for a couple hundred thou......
Why would this be worth a couple hundred thousand?