Beyonce' Sued For Sampling Dead Social Media Star W/O Permission

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Why would this be worth a couple hundred thousand?

If its credited on the album then they have a case. They are not getting anywhere close to $20,000,000. But it could be a lucrative pay off if it went to court. Didn't it worth that much, but to get it out the way.......

Niqqa You Gay

You fakkit coli nikkas disgust me
Daps
Reppin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VClxVXrXUH8
I don't know. But I DO know that this isn't the first time Bey has been caught stealing from other artists. I'm sure she felt entitled to that snippet assuming that he'd (its a dude) be okay with her using it. She's made a lot of money off of that sound bite, so hopefully his family gets whatever the courts feel they're entitled to.
Yeah that 6 second soundbite really made the song :aicmon:

Peabo Bryson

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With a name like Mya, what did you expect brehs to think? Nobody off rip would assume its a dude.

Black smoke and cac jokes

Your daps are mine
Daps
This is just talking.....no instruments or clearly distinct sounds other then the words.......did she credit the person on the song? If so they have a case....if she didnt...then the lawyer could argue that could be anyone....I mean Beyonce got deep pockets she could afford to spend 1 mil to save 20. But she will probably settle out for a couple hundred thou......

That's not how the court works. If it's posted on YouTube it's automatically copyrighted so any sampling or reperformance of the content of the video without proper compensation is an infringement on their rights. Doesn't matter if Beyoncé got some random person to copy it word for word, that is still a violation and she'll definitely get some money out of this.

But as you said, probably will settle out-of-court.