"Big Boi is a better rapper than me" - Andre 3K (GQ article inside)

Who do you think is the better MC?

• Andre 3K

• Big Boi

Results are only viewable after voting.

phonthought3000

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The '84 Babies
People forget it was a time where when it came to getting a feature from Kast they was strictly checking for Big Boi. It wasn't til Love Below/Em shoutout/his hiatus that those who jumped on round Stankonia started proping 3Stacks. Overall Dre is the better artist (he's my personal #1 rapper with Redman and Nas following) but Big Boi rap wise goes hard. I particularly think this why 3 Stacks doesn't appear on any Big Boi albums he wants his man to get his full shine and recognition and feel if he hop on the album that's all critics and bandwagon fans will focus on taking away shine from Big Boi

Daps
:dwillhuh:

I think I must have been the only one who read what he said properly -
Big Boi can rap better than me—I always said that. If somebody said, 'Pick who you want from OutKast to go to battle with you,' it wouldn’t be me. ’Cause like, what I’ma do? Say some mind s***? You can’t have thoughts in a battle—nobody gives a s*** about that."
I don't think he's saying Big Boi is the better rapper, but in terms of a battle he's better, because his style is more straight up, punchline, and relatable. Whereas Andre's more introspective and 'in his own head', if you will - rather than some "I take 7 MCs put 'em in a line"-type battle shyt. And nikkas don't really wanna listen to that when it comes to battle rap.

He more or less said this in "Two Dope Boys in a Cadillac" -

"This ol' sucka MC stepped up to me
Challenged Andre to a battle and I stood there patiently
As he spit and stumbled over cliches, so called freestyling
Whole purpose just to make me feel low, I guess you wilding
I say look boi, I ain't for that fukk shyt; so fukk this
Let me explain "only child" style so you don't dis'
I grew up to myself not round no park bench
Just a nikka busting flows off in apartments."

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Big Boi is clearly the better rapper (not lyricist). The thing is Andre got a lot more props because of his style and how he carried himself. He has a mystique about him that people love.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
The Coli been riding Big Boi dikk.

Most of y'all NY nikkas fronted on Kast their entire career so your opinion don't matter.
My opinion DOES matter because what u said isn’t true. NY nikkas been fukked wit OutKast. I’m tired of u nikkas who not from here telling us what we do and don’t do. If u lived in NY in the 90s u would see nikkas fukked wit OutKast.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
This was a really great interview. Best 3 Stacks interview I've read in years. Really learned a lot about him from this. It's gonna be a DF kind of week. Big KRIT featuring Cee Lo and Sleepy and production from Organized Noize got me back in the mood for the old DF albums again, and now this interview cemented it. Gonna start my day off with The Love Below.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
And to answer the question in the poll, I think Andre is the better rapper in terms of content and poetic ability imo but Big Boi definitely has the better flow. Big Boi knows how to perfectly structure a verse. He's like Method Man in that regard. I've never heard a Big Boi verse that sounded off beat. He always finds the pocket and sticks with it.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
People forget it was a time where when it came to getting a feature from Kast they was strictly checking for Big Boi. It wasn't til Love Below/Em shoutout/his hiatus that those who jumped on round Stankonia started proping 3Stacks. Overall Dre is the better artist (he's my personal #1 rapper with Redman and Nas following) but Big Boi rap wise goes hard. I particularly think this why 3 Stacks doesn't appear on any Big Boi albums he wants his man to get his full shine and recognition and feel if he hop on the album that's all critics and bandwagon fans will focus on taking away shine from Big Boi
I thought it was some record label shyt that prevents Dre from dropping verses on Big Boi albums. Something like since they want an Outkast album they won't clear any individual Outkast tracks to appear on Big Boi's solo albums.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
And to answer the question in the poll, I think Andre is the better rapper in terms of content and poetic ability imo but Big Boi definitely has the better flow. Big Boi knows how to perfectly structure a verse. He's like Method Man in that regard. I've never heard a Big Boi verse that sounded off beat. He always finds the pocket and sticks with it.
This is my feeling on it exactly. As far as straight spitting on flowing on a track it's Big Boi, but lyrically and just overall style wise I got 3000.