"Big Boi is a better rapper than me" - Andre 3K (GQ article inside)

Who do you think is the better MC?

• Andre 3K

• Big Boi

Results are only viewable after voting.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
early on I liked Big Boi first. he was clearly better, but 3k just grew so much as a lyricist with each new song/project til he became an upper echelon lyricist. Big Boi is still good and always had a tight flow but lyrically 3k was on another level to me. thats just my opinion based on what I like. I hold 3k in regard with Black Thought and Common. 3k's arc reminded me of Busta, whereas Busta became a much better lyricist/rapper after LONS

phonthought3000

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The '84 Babies
I thought it was some record label shyt that prevents Dre from dropping verses on Big Boi albums. Something like since they want an Outkast album they won't clear any individual Outkast tracks to appear on Big Boi's solo albums.

When they were wit Jive yeah that was the reason for the 3stacks track being left off SLLF.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Now watch mad nikkas try to give Big Boi props cause 3K said it. According to these new nikkas 3K was the only rapper in OutKast.
why

doesn't change personal opinions

Andre is always gonna be a better rapper to me. He's being humble. He's a better artist and says more with less words than big boi. It's not just about skills but the whole package.

His verses are always more memorable to me than big boi. That's not a coincidence. If you think of players anthem who's verses stick out the most is pimp and dre and neither are as skilled arguably as their counterparts but their emotion delivery and wit is very interwoven into their bars. Dre's whole personality comes off in that verse as does Pimp but Bun is more technically gifted as a rapper.

3k>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Humbleness, like Pusha saying that Ab-Liva is the goat.

Obviously not that big of an exaggeration, but stacks was on a different level in the 90s.

b_b

All Star
Supporter
Daps
that was one of the best interviews I have read in a while. It was personal and interesting and not someone just gassing up a celebrity. thank you for posting.

also it had one of my new favorite quotes:

“Man, I don’t know why these women think we’re sitting cross-legged with incense like some Buddhists, praying with our hands. I mean, we out here fukking these bytches.”
:dead:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
My opinion DOES matter because what u said isn’t true. NY nikkas been fukked wit OutKast. I’m tired of u nikkas who not from here telling us what we do and don’t do. If u lived in NY in the 90s u would see nikkas fukked wit OutKast.

That’s a lie.

Y’all nikkas hopped on the wagon after it was impossible to keep fronting on them any longer.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
that was one of the best interviews I have read in a while. It was personal and interesting and not someone just gassing up a celebrity. thank you for posting.

also it had one of my new favorite quotes:

“Man, I don’t know why these women think we’re sitting cross-legged with incense like some Buddhists, praying with our hands. I mean, we out here fukking these bytches.”
:dead:

Was just about to post this quote :dead:

But it definitely was a great interview

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a really great article. Didn't know he wasn't a vegan/vegetarian anymore and he was back using weed and maybe even coke.

Public images can be so deceiving.

I suffer from being too introspective too so I know what he goes through.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always said Big Boi was better.

Andre3000 don't have a solo rap album. His solo classic song Prototype & Hey Ya but somehow in the league of the best rappers.

:snoop:

Big Boi got Sir Lucious Left Foot. A dope ass rap album that he held the fukk down.

:blessed:
He was really spitting on that Sir Lucious Left Foot. That album surprised me.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Really dope interview. Interesting to see where his head is at exactly and the contrasts from public perception. I hope we don't have to lose him for us to get a new solo tape.

But nah, 3000 is better than Big Boi to me. I can see why others would say BB was better, though. They're both dope and legendary.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's cool, but doesnt change my opinion....while i fukks with big boi, still think 3000 the better mc....

with that said: i need him to quit bullshytting, get back in the studio with big boi, and drop another kast album....