Bigger Playoff Riser: Jalen Brunson Or Jamal Murray?

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
Both these dudes morph into players levels above their regular season versions.

Jamal Murray has proven he can go head to head with any star you put in front of him and he actually gets the best of them during the duration of Denver’s run. And he’s been doing this since 2019.

Jalen Brunson has been absolutely bodying his superstar counterpart for each of the past 3 years and they’ve all been ranked well above of him. This year he’s morphed into an all time great.

But who would you rather have for a playoff run? No doubt these 2 are the undisputed best playoff risers in the league right now

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I know people will bring up Jokic but Jamal has proven to get it done when pressured to work on a Championship team.

If both healthy, I'm going to say Jamal Murray. That guy has had some ridiculous play-off games year-after-year. Plus he's just a taller player and can't get picked on.

It's like Jalen raises the floor but Jamal raises the ceiling of a team. We've seen the latter play some insane games that puts his team over the best of competition too much.

Box Factory

haha
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Murray is definitely better

Every American basketball fan spent all their time pointing out that Brunson is a C or D level star after the usa finished 4th in FIBA last year

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Murray's got a ring and has had crazy performances throughout deep playoff runs. So, I give him the edge. But if Brunson stays anywhere near the level he closed this past series out, then the debate gets tough.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Definitely Brunson.

Murray has the benefit of playing with an MVP. Brunson can carry a squad.

Brunson is also a better passer and better off the 1-on-1. Murray does most of his damage coming off pick and rolls (with before mentioned MVP). Brunson can put you on an island and eat you alive.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Imma go with Jamal Murray. Murray looks like a superstar in the postseason. You can argue he is not even at an allstar level in the regular season.

Whereas Brunson still plays at an allstar level in the regular season.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Definitely Brunson.

Murray has the benefit of playing with an MVP. Brunson can carry a squad.

Brunson is also a better passer and better off the 1-on-1. Murray does most of his damage coming off pick and rolls (with before mentioned MVP). Brunson can put you on an island and eat you alive.

Basically. Brunson is the better basketball player demonstrated over an entire season and with no safety net of a top 3 (or even top 20) player.

Murray can be mostly shyt for the first 4 games vs LAL and DEN is still up 3-1. He can then show up in game 5 and get the glory, benefiting off Jokic's gravity in the pnr. Brunson doesn't have the luxury, nor can coast/underperform in the regular season.

So who would i rather have on my team, not knowing who my other teammates are? Brunson obviously.
But who has elevated his game higher compared to his own regular season? Jamal.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Great thread.

I'd have to go with Brunson because he's the clear cut 1 for his team.

Not sure how successful, team wise, Murray would be on his own
Neither are really suited to be a #1 on a true contender. Not many point guard ever are.

Murray has had the advantage of having the ultimate green light but still getting to play off of a true #1. Brunson gets tunnel vision and has some pretty rough stretches of trying to do too much, even if they are surrounded by great stretches (game 5 OT). Murray would probably have the same issue if he was the one tasked with making the offense go.