Chris Broussard: Jalen Brunson is NOT a Superstar!!!

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Brunson a crafty mf with great footwork

But this site hated harden for doing the same thing.he manipulates tf out refs 11 ftas a game jumping into defenders keep that same energy

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
His level of clutch shooting you almost have to be a super star. And he does it in the regular season. Luckily, he can prove it this post season. Or not.

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
Brunson a crafty mf with great footwork

But this site hated harden for doing the same thing.he manipulates tf out refs 11 ftas a game jumping into defenders keep that same energy
he averaged 6.5 free throw attempts a game during the season and it went up to 11because he’s averaging 44 minutes a game in the playoffs :mjlol:

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
he averaged 6.5 free throw attempts a game during the season and it went up to 11because he’s averaging 44 minutes a game in the playoffs :mjlol:
And they forget that Harden couldnt do anything but foul bait in the playoffs.
If JB was doing this on some who-gives-a-shyt team like OKC everyone would be in love with him.

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
How are we defining superstar? My definition is

A star is one of the top players in their sport and fans know them.

A superstar is when people know who you even when they don't watch your sport. Think Lebron, Serena, Canelo, Ronaldo, Tiger, Bolt etc.

Brunson is a star by my definition. Not a bad thing because I don't think we have many Superstars in general across all sports.

The term superstar is used loosely these days

Daps
How are we defining superstar? My definition is

A star is one of the top players in their sport and fans know them.

A superstar is when people know who you even when they don't watch your sport. Think Lebron, Serena, Canelo, Ronaldo, Tiger, Bolt etc.

Brunson is a star by my definition. Not a bad thing because I don't think we have many Superstars in general across all sports.

The term superstar is used loosely these days
100% agree.

If you follow the league, you know JB is a walking bucket and fun to watch. If hoop fans know you and you deliver most nights, that's a star. Superstars transcend their sports and are famous. Brunson could walk down most streets with a hoodie on and no one would say anything. Steph Curry does the same thing...he's probably getting some attention. Bron or MJ doing that would get mobbed on sight.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
100% agree.

If you follow the league, you know JB is a walking bucket and fun to watch. If hoop fans know you and you deliver most nights, that's a star. Superstars transcend their sports and are famous. Brunson could walk down most streets with a hoodie on and no one would say anything. Steph Curry does the same thing...he's probably getting some attention. Bron or MJ doing that would get mobbed on sight.
Steph Curry is a famous superstar breh

Daps
Steph Curry is a famous superstar breh
He is...but even among superstars there's levels.

D-Wade was a superstar guard but he's not on the same level of fame as Kobe, even before Kobe's death.

Hakeem was a superstar center but not on the same level as Shaq in terms of notoriety.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I wish people would be serious for one fukking minute. He's leading the playoffs in shot attempts, USG rate, drives to the basket and is probably top 5 in minutes. Of course he's going to get fouled more.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
To revisit this, in sports (basketball particularly) I don't need fame levels to estimate a superstar, only play. It's hard to give it to him because I question if you could win it all with him as the #1 but he obviously produces like one.