biggie really was the flyest emcee

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not to clown, but Big got the stimulus style pack from Puff.

Who was contouring Bigs style around Heavy D.

Big was still wearing street clothes..

a lot of people don’t know this... but This is facts

bjg has it his way, he’d might have still been wearing all black with hoodies... (exaggerating, but not lol)

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
I disagree. Biggie's flyness seemed attainable and something you could exhibit in real life, whereas Rick's flyness was exaggerated/a caricature. Nobody was going to walk around wearing 10 chains, but wearing all Gucci with some dope sneakers or timbs? That's a look.
U must not have been payin attention to rappers in the last 20 yrs lol:russ:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Not to clown, but Big got the stimulus style pack from Puff.

Who was contouring Bigs style around Heavy D.

Big was still wearing street clothes..
Yeah at the end of the day I think Biggie just wanted to he a dirty street nikka and Puffy just steered him towards all the flexing Big Willie shyt. Same with his music.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I disagree. Biggie's flyness seemed attainable and something you could exhibit in real life, whereas Rick's flyness was exaggerated/a caricature. Nobody was going to walk around wearing 10 chains, but wearing all Gucci with some dope sneakers or timbs? That's a look.

none of bigg's clothes or fashion choices were culturally accepted back then.
he was not looked at as this thing culturally at all that Viacom has made in revision based gateway for y'all later.

duke was not dem dare or thr lo lives at all.
he dressed like he was house like puff trying to make a stack latiskkl dancer but ij larger sizes. I hope big declined those chiffon shirts and there is no chiffon on the guy in pictures nowhere.

I wish y'all would stop believe'n this commercial pop Viacom bullshyt.
like you were there and know wtf y'all was talking about.

art barr

stop believe'n all these playalistic voices.
it is obvious y'all don't know real hood segregated culture at all.
every one is not all love and we were and still are staunchly juxtaposed from toys.
just because you saw this thing as a gateway does not mean bboys are accepting of dem nikkaz.

hiphop culture is the only culture. Where some random toys. Think they can take a tom tom out of the hand of natives chanting for rain. Then think they gon bang on the tom tom and make rain too.

when they are not.

art barr

to all of you,...
what do you write.

if you lost,...you not in hiphop, period.
so stop thinking you are. You're a gateway fan.
just like nikkaz with dreads are not ras just because you have dreads.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Gucci was not something readily attainable back then man. Unless it was some knock off shyt you got out the middle of the mall. And even then, the average person didn't really care about Gucci like that. Not in the mid 90's.

Fred.

Daps
The phrase is overused now in media but that dude had swag and charisma, especially for a overweight brother.

All those pictures OP posted would be default Instagram pics with a caption if it existed back then.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Gucci was not something readily attainable back then man. Unless it was some knock off shyt you got out the middle of the mall. And even then, the average person didn't really care about Gucci like that. Not in the mid 90's.

Fred.
Actually false.

Gucci was attainable, now being affordable was the issue.

Early pioneers from Eric B and Rakim to LL Cool J or just about any rapper from the 80's made that ish popular thanks to Dapper Dan knock off or not.